“Excellent food and service”

St. Elias Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Soldotna
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At St. Elias Brewing Company, we believe in handcrafting innovative, high quality, world class beers. Our beers match the personality of our business, fun and lively, yet historic and eclectic. Brewing on a 7 barrel brewhouse, we promise our product will arrive fresh in your glass, as beer was intended. Why should your beer travel across the country to your glass, when you can get one fresh from across the room?
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The menu consists mainly of giant salads and pizza. Both are delicious and won't break the bank. The beer is delicious.

There are newer reviews for St. Elias Brewing Company

Reviewed May 16, 2012

It was a marvel of charm. The decor touched with hints of a Parisian cafe, Middle Eastern coffee house and a German Tavern. From an open fired brick oven pizza after pizza was were delivered up with speed by no less than one of the establishments owners - that's how you insure quality. Against the back wall, stainless steel brewery vats stand behind glass. Between the tables a small handful of employees moved efficiently - cheerfully serving customers, all the while lending that feeling of genuine friendliness and hospitality one only hopes for in other restaurants. I guess the point here is that this is a restaurant that did not feel like one in the usual sense - rather it felt like a gathering place where people were welcomed and made to feel at ease.

Did I mention the food? I indulged and was glad I did, having two deserts. One - a soft-centered chocolate pudding cake, served in a generously sized baking dish, was heaped with real whipped cream and a garnish of sweet spices - unique as well as very satisfying. The second was a serving of ice cream, hard frozen and rolled in powdered chocolate. how novel is that! And great ice cream too! My only regret was that I did not come for dinner so cannot attest to what looked like first class pizza pies! The Zinfandel served by the glass was very respectable but next time I want to try their beer!

Beautifully designed and decorated, an excellent staff and the kind of food you may have forgotten to hope for much less expect. I give St, Elias Brewing Company two thumbs up only because I do not have a third to add, to affirm my appreciation!

St. Elias Brewing Company. Don't you just love that name? !!!!

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We had the Sweet Alaska salad and one of their pizzas. Both were very, very good. The salad was HUGE. We asked for one to share, but honestly thought they had given us two until we got the check and realized they had, in fact, split the order. I could not imagine eating a whole one by myself! The pizza (the Brewmaster, I think?) was tasty and had nice, fresh tasting ingredients. The building and decor were awesome!

But onto the beer (which is what brought us there)...we weren't too impressed. We paid $10 for a ten set sampler and weren't bowled over by any of them. Their oak aged selections were tasty, and my husband liked the ESB, there was no real standout for me. We bought a growler for our collection, but didn't bother having it filled. It all boils down to personal preference, but we enjoyed the offerings at Kenai River Brewing much more. If we were to do it again, we'd snag some food to go, a growler from KRB and find a great spot to enjoy it all together!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

As soon as we walked in we noticed this pub was a lively place. The server was pretty prompt with menu's and explaining the brewed beers they had available.
The restaurant was clean from what I could see but didn't have the easiest of access to some of the tables. They do have outside seating but it was still chilly to go and check it out.
We decided on pizza which was pretty good. My husband had the chicken pesto and I had the Hawaiian. Mine was yummy, the sauce was refreshingly good. My husband said his pesto was a little heavy but good. I decided on the brewed beer tester plate. They had about 10 tasters that I could read the menu of beers, what the names were and how they should taste. I found 1 beer I cared for but my husband found 2. Good choices all in all and we'll return another night.
We went on a Friday night early and this place was pretty busy.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Hand made pizzas and local brews. Great service and atmosphere.