“1st time of Many” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alaska Fishing & Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soldotna
Alaska Fishing & Lodging
Tampa, Florida
“1st time of Many”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

I took my first trip ever to Alaska with my buddy Chuck. We went the first week of May after King salmon. Tyland worked his butt off for us getting us fishing on a day we had made a mistake of that he had not planned for. The fishing was Tough for kings and didnt see hardly any caught the whole time we were there. We knew that it would be a tougher time to go then later in the season But that is when we could go. The cabins were nice and neat and the beds were comfortable. We got there and Ty's wife was on her hands and knees scrubbing one of them. Made quit an impression. About the only thing i could say Negativly about it would be no inside stove top. But for a couple guys the Grill worked GREAT. He aslo got us on a halibut trip With Capt Will that was awesome Capt Will worked his BUTT OFF getting everyone a limit even when I made the mistake of Throwing back a solid catch hoping for a bigger one. He came through with flying colors. Damen always had a story to tell and the gear over all was top notch..... My biggest problem overall with the entire trip???Ty got sick bout halfway thru our stay Poor guy was barely holding his lunch and coughing up a storm but He kept at it. Planning another trip as of this minute to go back In august I CANT wait...Bringing my wife this time around as well and I would never bring My wife somewhere That wasnt women friendly...thanks TY LOved every minute of it

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Goldsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

My brothers and I planned a surprise trip for my father in 2004 and Ty helped us make that the trip of a lifetime!
My Dad had always dreamed of fishing in Alaska for the big fish. Dad enjoyed that trip so much that he wanted to go again. So this Summer (2012) we'll help him celebrate his 80th birthday, by fishing with Tyland and his crew. Back in 2004 Tyland "bent over backwards" to make everything work and he's doing it for us again. This is more than the actions of someone trying to make money. He's representing Alaska sport fishing at it's best.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank KevinG131981
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

I have been going to Soldotna for a few years now and Tyland and his crew are nothing short of top notch. I have brought the whole family (wife, two daughters and my brother) up to Alaska Fishing and Lodging and there has been nothing but great service and spectacular fishing. I recall a time when we were out on the Kenai and Ty caught a little razzing from the other guides because he had three women on board. Seemed kind of funny if you ask me because on a slow day, we came back limited while others were empty handed. Experience beats luck any day. The outstanding service and attention to detail are unparalleled. We would go out on a day of fishing and come back to a room that was nothing short of spectacular. They went above and beyond to make our experiences the best ever.

Room Tip: Any room is a great one.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

I'm a 4th generation Alaskan and have fished with and know a lot of local guides thru out the state.Tyland and Damond run a ''top notch'' operation, very knowledgeable of the fishery and both will go that ''extra mile'' for you to make sure you're successful.I have friends from Tennessee that come up every year to fish at Alaska fishing and Lodging, I have stayed in the cabins which are very nice and clean.I will be fishing in September every year with them for Silvers and Rainbows.They also have great Halibut fishing guides off of Anchor Point that put you on fish.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank 709mike1971
Eden, Utah 84310
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

We have been vacationing with Alaska Fishing and Lodging for the past several years, would think of going no where else. Tyland has superb knoweldge of the river, and when the kings are coming in, he will place you right on them. Thanks to Damon's help and patience last year, I was finally able to land a few reds, even when they were not coming in thick. The cabins are great, each with their own large gas bar-b-que on the deck, nothing like fresh salmon or halibut in the evening after a day of fishing! Saved quite a bit of money on the filleting, processing, and freezing, as Ty's facility is full service. The rooms are always immaculate on arrival, including fresh coffee ready to brew. Location is great, a short distance from both a large retail store, where you can get all of your groceries, extra gear, and licenses; and Stewart's Landing, where you get on the boat for a great day of fishing. Looking forward to another spectacular fishing trip this summer!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

I have always wanted to take a "guided" fishing trip on the Kenai River, but the cost was a bit much for my budget. My husband has gone with other guides on the river that were at least twice as much as the trip we took with Ak Fishing and Lodging. I was super excited when my husband announced that we were going on a guided trip for my birthday, and I could still make my monthly mortage payment =0). Then I thought, it can't be that great at that price, but what the heck. Boy was I wrong !!!! The cabin we stayed in was gorgeous! Super roomy and SPOTLESSLY CLEAN! Lots of hot water for a well needed shower at the end of an amazing day of fishing. Our guide was Damond Blamkenship. He knew that river like the back of his hand and pulled out all the stops to get us on fish! He was a great teacher as well, and was very considerate of the fact he had "lady" on board. We would stay at Ak Fishing and Lodging again in a heart beat!!! THANX guys...FISH ON

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank LittleeddE
Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

Last June after our son returned from college we took him to Alaska Fishing & Lodging for a post finals mental vacation. How perfect this idea turned out for all of us. From the moment we arrived at the lodge we were made to feel we were at home. The atmosphere was relaxing and quiet but it was the efforts of Ty and his crew that really made him feel special. We had previously discussed his situation, finishing up his premed and moving on to dental school, and Ty was ready. I can not express my appreciation enough for the over the top effort everyone put forth.
This trip has been the main topic during this Christmas break as we flip through the photos from last summer and I keep getting reminded that his fish was bigger than mine. I am also being told to get use to this as last year was just a primer for this summer and many more to follow. Sound like I might need to dull someones hooks this summer!
Thanks again for such a great time and for going so far beyond what we could or should expect of our host and guide. This tip will be one of those long lasting memories just like we were hoping for. See you again this June.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Bob J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soldotna
Kenai River Lodge
#8 of 41 in Soldotna
Salmon Catcher Lodge
Salmon Catcher Lodge
#4 of 16 in Kenai

Been to Alaska Fishing & Lodging? Share your experiences!