Capt'n Lou's Ptarmigan Lodge
$161
$148
Best Western King Salmon Motel(Soldotna)(Great Value!)
$159
Kenai River Lodge(Soldotna)(Great Value!)
$149
Soldotna Inn(Soldotna)
$139
$129
$109
Aspen Extended Stay Suites(Kenai)(Great Value!)
$159
$118
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 17, 2008

I stayed at Capt. Lou's the first year it opened. I simply loved my stay there. All my fishing trips were laid out on an itenary sheet. With the date,time and type of fishing I would be doing for the day. Capt Lou is a wealth of living fishing information. We would sit for hours talking about fishing experiences. The lodge is very neat and clean to stay in. The meals are just out of this world. Box lunches are set up for your daily fishing trips. The scenary during the trip from Anchorage to the lodge is spell binding. I would highly recommend Capt. Lou's to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 15, 2008

Ptarmigan Lodge is a brand new facility, run by a 15 year Alaskan Fishing Captain.. Captain Lou. The Lodge can hold up to 21 people, and Captain Lou is also a trained cook having owned a restaurant in New Hampshire.
The Lodge is clean and comfortable, and Captain Lou is a great fountain of fishing information on the Kenai Peninsula. He will give you an honest appraisal of the seasons and when to come and fish. He is a delightful conversationalist as well.. though some might find him a bit on the crusty side.
You will have to drive to your fishing locations though the lodge does have its own access to fishing on the Kenai River, the guides launch in Soldotna 15 miles from the lodge. Halibut Trips are taken out of either Deep Creek which is 50 miles from the lodge or to Homer which is 92 miles.
My time at the lodge was one of my best vacations ever.
I am actually writing this review, as I have arrived for my second week with Captain Lou.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)