Alaska Fishing Lodge - Wilderness Place Lodge
$199
$170
McKinley View B&B(Trapper Creek)
$150
$249
$219
Talkeetna Roadhouse(Talkeetna)(Great Value!)
$165
All reviewsfloat planefishbucket list tripstar qualitylake creeksilver salmonthe entire staffan adventureother guestslonger staycomforts of homenoahkingssilversflygearspecies
Reviewed July 22, 2014

WPL's Lake Creek Float trip with guides Shawna and Scott was THE definitive Alaskan fly fishing, wilderness adventure - a week to ourselves on a beautiful river, tons of kings and 'bows, gourmet food every day/night and too many laughs to count. Our patient guides were the hardest workers you can imagine, and they were phenomenal in terms of putting us onto fish. The meals by the river were reminiscent of dining in a different 5 star restaurant each night. Needless to say, the river and views of Denali were breathtaking. Finally, our short stay at the lodge was the perfect ending to the trip - a comfy cabin with wood burning stove and beautifully kept Lodge with wonderful young guides. As others have said. . .we're coming back!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank chittod
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Noah, Kayla, Cory & Jason,

Thank you so much for a wonderful experience this week at the Lodge. We created memories that will last a lifetime. The epic battle with the big king this morning will be a story for the ages...

A special thanks to our guides, Garrett and Brooks who were kind, helpful, knowledgeable, and patient!

Great food, fun, and fishing !!!!

Stayed: July 2014
alaskafishing, Owner at Alaska Fishing Lodge - Wilderness Place Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Hi Paul and Family! We had such a great time having you here! You have a great family and we're privileged to have shared some great memories with you. Thanks for joining us and for your review of our Alaska fishing lodge. We're privileged to now have you in the family!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

It’s February 2014. My boys Seth, Matt, and new son-in-law Jeremy are already far into excite mode for our August 2014 trip to Wilderness. This will be Jeremy’s’ first trip along with my brother, his son, my cousin and a colleague of Jeremy’s. This will be my 4th and my sons’ 3rd trip to Wilderness. I can’t say much more than I said in my last review. Who am I kidding! I could go on for hours talking about our adventures at Wilderness Place. I’m quite certain that’s the reason for my brothers’ coming along because he’s not the fanatical fisherman that my boys and I are but has been listening to me for 10+ years. Although the king fishing was spectacular there is just something about being on the Lake Creek River for the silver, pink, chum and left over red runs. Aching arms, sore legs and river side grilled fresh salmon filets are just something that I wish everyone could experience. Not that aching and sore are terms of endearment, but how you get that way is pure joy. A return to the lodge for dinner after a nice hot shower we’re greeted with hors d'oeurves and some great stories about the day’s fishing. Dinners with a glass of wine are nothing short of 5 stars. Before I go out to continue our talks around a camp fire I try to find out what flies everyone else found most productive. I’ll sit at the complimentary fly tying bench and prep for the next day. Even though the guides do this for you, I like catching fish on something that I made. Oh and don’t think that you fishing day is over. I’ve not asked a guide to take me out after dinner, but I have slipped on the waders and walked the 10 feet to the river and caught fish while others were relaxing for the day. If fishing Alaska is on your “bucket list” place a check mark next to Wilderness Place Lodge and make your reservations you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank DrFishRi

Here come the Mandevilles. (You can almost hear the "Jaws" soundtrack playing in the background. What a great, energetic group of fishermen! We appreciate the many return guests we have here at Wilderness Place Lodge and these guys are definitely some of the forefathers. Can't wait to see you all this August. (Can't say the fish feel the same.)

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I went to Alaska for the very first time, and were SO incredibly happy that Wilderness Place Lodge was included in our trip of a lifetime. We knew a few people that had visited WPL, and they had given such rave reviews that we had to experience it for ourselves....and are we happy that we did!

Everything about WPL was TOP NOTCH!

The accommodation: Tempur-Pedic mattresses in the middle of the wilderness was a great surprise! and our own little cabin was a fun place to call home for the 4 days we were there.
The Food: Wow. Every meal was fantastic! I was excited to see what they were going to come up with next!
The Staff: Going to WPL, you feel SO very welcomed. They really make you feel right at home, and that these are old friends that you haven't seen in awhile. They also pay attention to every detail that you can imagine (and even those that you can't!)
The Guides: Well we can't speak for all the guides, but Andrew was a very thorough and positive guide. This was both of our first times fly fishing, and Andrew knew just how to explain everything in detail and give great feedback along the way. We had a BLAST with him! (Big kudos to you on your first year as a guide)
AND The Fishing: WPL is situated in such a beautiful location. Whatever iconic vision that you can imagine about being in Alaska, on a river, fly fishing, is EXACTLY where you will dropped off via float plane. The beauty is incredible and the quality of the fishing is even better.

If you have ever wanted to make the trip to Alaska and catch some big beautiful fish, you have found your place.

We WILL be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Brenda C
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My daughter, wife and I spent five days fishing at Wilderness Place Lodge. The fishing for salmon was unbelievable. We caught four different species; Pinks, Silvers, Sockeyes and Chum (the King run was over). We limited on silvers almost every day. There were times we actually got tired of catching fish and were just content to sit and watch hundreds of them swimming in the river. Our guide, Matt, was great and really helped my wife and daughter master flyfishing for salmon. The food was wonderful and the staff did everyting that you could ask for to make the experience memorable. We had a mediocre experience in Alaska on a previous trip (different lodge) but this one definitely made up for previous disappointment. We're already looking forward to another stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family