“tranquil and romantic”

Seldovia Boardwalk Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Seldovia
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I've stayed at the Boardwalk many times throughout the past 12 years. It has changed owners several times, and now it's the best it has ever been. The view of the lovely marina is spectacular. The newly renovated rooms are small but comfortable and clean, with soothing colors on walls and bedding. The current owners were nearly ready to open a new pub/restaurant in the lobby, which will make this hotel even better. The lobby and halls featured a collection of historical photographs of the town, which we found very interesting. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast each morning, and the owners were kind enough to let us stay past our check-out time while we waited for the ferry back to Homer. Seldovia is a beautiful destination, and the Boardwalk Hotel is the perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the marina.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Arolaska

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Recently as a fellow business operator in Seldovia (Seldovia Fishing Adventures - B&B and halibut fishing charters) I was invited to visit with Angela and Jeremiah at the Boardwalk Hotel. I am very impressed with their renovation and their attention to detail. Most hospitable hosts and we wish them well in this their first season.
Raewyn

Room Tip: All rooms well appointed, no traffic noise at all!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Raewyn W
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Spent Mother's Day weekend at Boardwalk Hotel in Seldovia and had a fantastic experience. The entire hotel is undergoing renovations and has new owners. Despite this, the caretaker bent over backwards to accommodate us and we barely noticed the construction process. We stayed in a beautiful fully renovated room looking directly out onto the harbor. The room had all the accommodations of a large hotel right down to a nice selection of hot teas and coffee in the room as well as satellite TV. The hotel even has an ice maker, a small fridge guests can use and a microwave as well. Bobby, the caretaker, put out the nicest continental breakfast spread I've ever seen. She even picked us up from the air strip upon our arrival and took us back to the air strip after our stay was over. Bobby was the most hospital and gracious hostess we've ever had the pleasure of meeting, making sure we had everything we could possibly need to make our stay enjoyable. They have an amazing deck overlooking the harbor that was perfect for relaxing with a glass of wine or cold beer and watching the sunset.There is even a fire pit overlooking the harbor and plenty of split firewood provided. I can honestly say our stay was perfect and we can't wait to go back when all renovations are complete and see the progress. Some of the reviews on here are based on the hotel before these new owners took over. Do not put any weight into the old reviews! This place is fantastic and the new owners are amazing!

The Andersons of Wasilla, AK

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chip n Jen A
Reviewed May 11, 2014

the new hotel owners have done a great job renovating and up-grading the site. Once their grill/pub is finished, it will be even better. Simple, well done rooms with an excellent view of the harbor. I would highly recommend a stay. Nick Parker April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank haegel61
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I traveled to Seldovia, AK from Soldotna, AK on May 2-3, 2014 for work. I've stayed at the Boardwalk Hotel off and on for many years. I chose to stay here this time because I had heard a young couple were the new owners and were making major improvements. It's very true. I love what Jeremiah and Angela have done to the Boardwalk Hotel! My room was on the mountainside and that was fine for me because I knew I would be outside in the beautiful weather and if I wanted to enjoy the harbor I could set on the expansive deck. The room was clean, newly furnished and decorated with nautical themed art and the service, excellent. They are a personable family, including Mom. The location is an easy walk from the airport or the harbor, however one chooses to travel. It is also a short walk to the beach where I watched an amazing sunset (at 10:15 pm!) I hope to return this summer for pleasure so I can enjoy the small restaurant they are currently working on in the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This place isn't bad for those on a budget, but don't expect the service to be similar to a large hotel chain or even have someone available to check you in 24hrs a day. The rooms were fairly clean, but they were older and the whole place had an interesting smell going on. The harbor view is great, and I would stay again if I had to, but not before checking a few of the bed and breakfasts out first.. A backpackers "sheet" is recommended for the bed..

• Stayed: July 2012
Jeremiah C, Owner at Seldovia Boardwalk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

The Hotel is under new ownership effective October, 2013. We are renovating and modernizing the hotel for the 2014 Season. New paint, flooring, beds, fixtures along with new flat screens, satellite t.v. and free wifi in every room. Also adding a small restaurant and lounge to make your stay much more enjoyable. Try us again in 2014 and your stay will be completely different.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

We were very disappointed in this hotel. It was perhaps because it was on Labor Day weekend and tourist season was winding down, but it was horrific. I have stayed in some cheap hotels in my life, but this one was pretty bad.
First, there was no one at the front desk the entire time. Having someone's phone number there just doesn't do much when you need another roll of toilet paper.
Second, we were allotted a roll and a half of toilet paper and that was it for two days. The room wasn't cleaned after the first night, and thus no more supply of anything.
Third, no TV's. I get that this is a small town, but are tv's that big of an expense?
Fourth, our room stunk like dead, decaying herring. It was horrible, but no one to address it with-only a phone number to call.
For two fishing buddies who didn't expect much, we were very disappointed. Won't be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cameron M

The Hotel is now under new ownership effective October, 2013. This sounds like an unfortunate experience that we are addressing with the new renovations, including new flat screen T.V.'s and free WIFI in every room. There will be plenty of new amenities to make your stay much more enjoyable in the future. We hope you give us another try on your next trip back to Seldovia.

Been to Seldovia Boardwalk Hotel? Share your experiences!