“A break from the cruise ships”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Petersburg
Waterfront Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 8 Petersburg B&B and Inns
Anchorage, Alaska
“A break from the cruise ships”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Traveling solo by ferry from Ketchikan to Petersburg was a great experience! Arriving in Petersburg to find the Waterfront B&B right next to the ferry was a nice welcome to the town. Samy and Leroy were very nice hosts and I loved the hot tub. Experienced a gorgeous sunset from their deck, and a very comfortable bed. I wish I could have stayed more than 2 nights. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Moraga
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at the Waterfront B&B in early July, 2013. The room was comfortable and very clean. The home cooked breakfast was tasty and substantial. For anyone traveling by ferry the location cannot be better as it is almost adjacent to the ferry dock but it is only a short and pleasant walk into the business district of Petersburg from there.

The deck at the B&B overlooking the harbor is a great spot to relax.

Petersburg is a friendly, attractive small town. The museum is definitely worth a visit. But, be aware that ALL of the restaurants close at 2PM on Sunday so if you arrive on the late afternoon ferry or afterwards you'll be reduced to eating what little is available in the way of sandwiches and chips etc from the convenience store downtown unless you've brought something along. That said, the restaurants we did eat at during our stay in Petersburg were good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Libertyville, Illinois
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed at the Waterfront B&B in June 2013. Literally steps from the ferry. Not much to look at from the outside but the rooms are pristine - wish our own house was as meticulously maintained!! Great facilities. Petersburg is a "real" town - not made up for the tourists. The hosts Sammy and Leroy are real Alaskans - not exactly outgoing at first, but genuine when you engage them in conversation. (LeRoy knows everything there is about logging!) Great value for the price. Would definitely book there a second time. Checked out the competition as well - was not impressed!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have stayed in many Bed and Breakfasts on our trip through Canada and Alaska and the Waterfront Bed & Breakfast was really one of the best. The location is very nice. Convenient to the ferry and a short hop into town. It's located right on the harbor with a big deck where you can sit for hours and contemplate how rough life is for the poor people in the lower 48. Leeroy and Sammy were great hosts and they helped us out in many ways. There is a room in the back of the property with a TV where you can hang out waiting for the late night ferry. The breakfasts were amazing and I had to push myself away from the table to stop eating. If you want to go on a nice hike, consider the 3 Lakes Trail on the Southern part of Mitkof Island. We did it and had an awesome 3 hour hike without seeing another human being.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Billings, Montana
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We spent 3 nights here and had a very good time. This B & B is just a two minute walk from the ferry terminal. It is about a 15 or 20 minute walk into town but the route is easy and interesting. Accommodating hosts let us use their washer and dryer. Good, plentiful food for breakfast, and when we had to catch the 6 am ferry they left out cereal and bread. Leeroy fed the eagles several times and they fly right over your head so you get a great perspective of their enormous wingspan. People who stayed in the rooms off the kitchen said they were noisy, but our room was quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: The rooms that are NOT off the kitchen are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Looking for excellent lodging in Petersburg, Alaska ? The WaterfrontB&B is a super choice. Clean, quiet and 74 steps from the Car Ferry. You will not leave the breakfast table hungry. Sammy prepares good hearty fare and if you are lucky, LeRoy will feed the Eagles and let them swoop past your head.

Room Tip: Facing the pier is best
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Waterfront B&B. I arrived early and although my hosts were not in, there was a fully detailed note and key left for me and I found my way around without any difficulty. It is right next to the ferry terminal - easy for someone walking. A good walk into town but lots to see and easy walking. The breakfast was wonderful and I found both my hosts friendly and helpful. Leeroy dropped me into town the first day (at the Museum which was great to look at) and took me to the airport on the day I left at no cost, Sammy printed off my boarding pass in advance. The room was clean, new and comfortable. The location was wonderful, on the waterfront with eagles flying by regularly. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 7 in Lawrenceburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Lawrenceburg
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport

Been to Waterfront Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!