“One of my better hotel experiences in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tides Inn

Tides Inn
Tides Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Petersburg
Juneau, Alaska
“One of my better hotel experiences in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2009

I stayed here during the Little Norway Festival in May of 2009, after losing my reservation at the hostel I had booked a month before the festival. Thankfully the staff at the Tides Inn managed to find me a room for the duration of my stay. The room, though a little on the older side, was very clean and well thought out. The beds were very supportive and I found it very easy to fall asleep every night. They do offer some services you wouldn't expect to find in a small village on an island in Alaska, like free wi-fi. They were even very accomodating at check out. My ferry back to Juneau wasn't until much later in the day, and it was raining rather hard. They allowed me to stay in my room until it was time to go to the ferry terminal, and what's more, offered me a ride!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Ryn1276

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Crawford, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2006

On the internet, we saw a picture of a blue building on the harbor and attractive rooms. Despite our reservations having been made more than a month ago, when we arrived, the desk clerk could not find it, but there was a room we wanted. Getting to it was difficult featuring a challenging stairway about 18 inches wide. Try carrying luggage up that! It was apparent many of the rooms were dark because so much of the Inn had been crammed into a building site. Our room had a view of a blank wall about 10 feet away and more rooms about 15 feet away. The picture on the Tides Inn website was not of the Inn and was misleading.

Parking is very limited. Four spaces at the Inn and a few in a lot behind. Access to rooms is difficult. Street parking is difficult by many limits on parking by the town and during the height of the tourist season this lodging and others may be very difficult to park near.

The room was large, wireless worked well, but things were a bit funky. There were two refrigerators, but only one worked (why not remove a broken refrigerator?).

The room was fair, but the site was depressing, access difficult, and we moved to another lodging when we could.

• Liked — Wireless
  • Disliked — Access
  • Tips/Secrets — Try the Scandia
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank CrawfordGene
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2006

I've stayed at the Tides Inn on two different trips - super friendly and courteous staff and great breakfasts. Very convenient to places of interest in town. I'm looking forward to my next stay here. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2003
4 Thank meteorcollector

Been to Tides Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Tides Inn

Property: Tides Inn
Address: 307 N. First St., Box 1048, Petersburg, AK 99833
Location: United States > Alaska > Petersburg
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Petersburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Tides Inn 2*
A gracious, friendly welcome awaits you at Tides Inn of Petersburg, Alaska. We offer quality rooms at affordable prices. We’re committed to making your stay enjoyable. Helping people explore the “Last Frontier” is an important Ohmer family value.Tides Inn overlooks Petersburg’s North Harbor – the hub for your Alaskan adventure. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tides Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.