“Centrally located”
Review of Scandia House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Petersburg
Scandia House
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Petersburg
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed at the Scandia House for four days in July and were very pleased with the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and the centrally location of the hotel. Our pick up at the Ferry Dock was extremely quick and we had no wait time for transportation to the airport. Coffee was always available and the morning muffins were freshly baked and delicious.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Not so many places to stay in Petersburg but we were happy to check in anyway. Clean and comfortable, but the 'courtesy van' is not that at all as it is licensed to travel to airport and ferry terminals only. Suggested that they should rename service 'shuttle.' Wireless not available despite what hotel says and what is said about hotel. Decent place, but courtesy van issue was frustrating and response from hotel unimpressive.

1  Thank rhettbudapest
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The Inn is clean and comfortable. Probably the best place for a traveler to stop in the interesting town of Petersburg. Found the staff to be helpful and pleasant with one exception. Overall, it met our expectations and would give it a thumbs up.

Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Good size room with comfortable bed. Centally located. Staff very helpful and friendly. Check out the local quilters work in the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Hotel was seemed recently remodeled and nice. Small rooms. Don't request a room if the sun is going to shine, very hot due to facing west but good view. Charge $3.00 per day for internet service. Owners don't pay for internet service so they cannot or will not print your boarding pass for you. Decent stay but owners didn't really seem to care to help you with anything. No A/C.

Room Tip: Request 3rd floor with a view
1  Thank PR T
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Considering that there really isn't much of anyplace else for a ferry traveler to stay in Petersburg, this place out pretty good. There is indeed a problem with parking. A hotel with only 4 parking places might try to work something out with their neighbors but I guess most travelers us there shuttle anyway. The hotel staff was friendly and the rooms are clean. The town idiots do use a big noisy water spray truck to wash down the roads at about 4:30 a.m. but that is not the hotel's fault. All in all the Alaska ferry traveler will do OK by staying here.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Everything from beginning to end was a horrible stay. There are only 4parking spots so your on your own and when I reserved my room I said I was bringing a car and asked about parking. They never warned me about the parking and road work.
When we got to check in we had to wait for the desk clerk who had to leave. He was doing the job of many.
We got our room and it wasn't 2 queen beds like I was paying for but 1 queen and 1 rollaway. The room was freezing so we turned on the heat. but then the power went out so no heat. Now I don't fault the hotel for a power outage but there were not any safety lights room was pitch black and I could not see where to walk & I hit my bad knee trying to get to my bed.
They didn't warn of pets so lucky me after 2hrs of sleep a dog begins to bark and I'm up for the day!
The outlets in the bathroom didn't work so I couldn't use the provided hair dryer anyhow!
For $120/night I really expected better service. I'm a local Alaskan and to pay these kind of rates is always disheartening but to have so many issues as well is just poor service all around. Next time I come to Petersburg I will find a B&B to stay at!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Mom712

Been to Scandia House? Share your experiences!