“IT'S WORTH THE TRIP”

Ranked #1 of 12 Specialty Lodging in Palmer
Paris, IL
“IT'S WORTH THE TRIP”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The lodge is such a delight! The cabins are new and arranged well. Peter, the owner, is familiar with AK and will give the needed advice. But the real treat is the scenery. Beautiful!

3 Thank Barbara and Dav... D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
new york
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Gorgeous setting and views, charming, pretty cabins with exceptional bedding, wonderful food (including breakfast delivered to your cabin each morning!), friendly, accommodating staff, and Peter, who really personalized our experience. This place was perfect in every way, and was a wonderful close to our 2-week Alaska vacation. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank wendi f
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Transportation to and from our hotel, saw moose both ways, wonderful helicopter trip to and from the Glacier, fantastic dogsledding trip on the Glacier, five star meal on the mountain after the trip! Wow!

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Kllasact
Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I am thrilled we our overnight experience at Knik River Lodge. Peter and his staff were so kind and friendly and the service at every level was amazing! The food was spectacular and we really enjoyed the fire pit at the end of the evening.

2 Thank AKR907
Virginia
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We just came back from a 12 day trip to Alaska. We stayed at Knik River Lodge the last 3 nights. I had been emailing back and forth with Peter, the owner, for many months. I explained to him that this trip was for our 30 anniversary. I had asked him about the helicopter adventures that they offered and after listening to my preferences, he suggested that we take the all day photo tour. He arranged everything for us. As was very accommodating of my wishes and needs.
All I can tell you is that this was a "ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE!!!" Peter went above and beyond my wildest expectations. The cabins were immaculate, charming and cozy. The pinnacle of our trip was the photo tour and it was amazing. Peter arranged for a professional photographer as our guide and he not only took us to some amazing spots but he also taught me so much about photography. He even lent me some very expensive lenses to use that day.

That night we ate our dinner in the yurt and the food was the same quality as a 4 star restaurant with the warmth of the yurt as our dining room.

I highly recommend you stay with Peter at the Knik River Lodge. The quality of food, service and hospitality is second to none!!!

Room Tip: Each room and view is just as good as the next....you can't go wrong
3 Thank dlgraham
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 27, 2012

It's been about two weeks since our stay at the Knik River Lodge and I'm still thinking about the French Onion soup. Divine is a word I don't use often. This is undeniably worth breaking it out: The French Onion soup was divine.

My husband and I found a Groupon for the Knik River Lodge and added it into our Alaska vacation. We have family in Anchorage and all agreed that we'd try the place out since it seemed like a good deal. After an exhilirating day of exploring the trails near Knik Glacier, we followed this obscure dirt road to what seemed like a total dead end and happily recognized the red roofed cabins we remembered from the online photos. On first glance, the cabins appear underwhelming, but trust me...don't judge yet. They're surprisingly spacious. Not a palatial suite by any means, but a perfectly sized cabin for a couple with tons of bags needing a good night's sleep. The beds were comfortable, the shower was hot and the deck was a perfect spot to enjoy the view.

We cleaned up in time to walk to the yurk (yay - new word in this WI girl's vocab!) for dinner, though having never seen a yurk before, I was a little apprehensive. Boy was I in for a surprise. The room was quiet, nicely furnished and filled with other couples and families enjoying their drinks and dinner. The menu is small but well-suited for many tastes. We started with the french onion soup that I cannot get over, enjoyed the ribeye with mouth-watering pommes savoyes and veggies, paired perfectly with a nice red wine and a microbrew for my hubby. We often enjoy good food, and while I wouldn't venture as far as calling us "foodies," years of eating stuff lends me enough experience to say the food was spectacular. The dessert of orange cognac creme brulee was soooooo good.

Good hiking trail. Great views. Internet worked as expected. Friendly staff. We were very happy with our experience here and would highly recommend this to everyone.

3 Thank luluchelf
Bonaire
Reviewed June 25, 2012

At the end of a road that makes you wonder, "are we lost", and you decided to continue for just one minute, you will find Knik River lodge. Owner/master chef Peter welcomes you and shows you to your very accommodating & clean wooden cabin. Located on a sloping hillside, all of these cabin provide you with a view you wish you could take back home. The ambiance is almost surreal. Moose wonder the green fields and bushes, eagles sore the fresh & clear sky. But the best part is yet to come. Peter shows his true skills while cooking incredible food which you get served in his restaurant located in an Alaskan style yurt. The man can cook!! And he knows which wine fits best with his creations.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank MMBonaire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmer
Pioneer Motel
Moose Wallow Cabins
Moose Wallow Cabins
#3 of 12 in Palmer
Pioneer Ridge Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Knik River Lodge? Share your experiences!