“Hatcher Pass B&B”

Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 13 Palmer B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 6, 2012

When making reservations I told the manager that we wouldn't be in until later in the evening, she left the door unlocked for us and had the fridge fully stocked with breakfast food. Cabin was cute and very clean. Would recommend it to family or friends anytime.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently had a very poor interaction with Hatcher Pass B & B. My group made a reservation for 2 nights over the holidays to rent 3 of their cabins. Then 2 weeks later were notified in a very unapologetic email that one of the cabins was no longer available so they would not be able to accomodate our group. When i called the next day the owner informed me that 1 of the cabins was not available to begin with at the time we made the reservation, that they had made a mistake-this i can understand, things happen. But instead of trying to figure out a fix to the situation they just went ahead and rented out the other cabins we had reserved before they even contacted us! Not very impressed with our first attempt with this place...

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank mike l
HatcherPassLiz, Owner at Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

I am truly sorry that this booking error was made for this group, and I did apologize for this inconvenience in my e-mail. I also provided the name of another business nearby that could provide accommodations for them. Again, I am very sorry this created a bad experience for this gentleman.
An error was made during a vacation I was on, while my inn sitter was working at the B&B. I currently have guests that are renting a cabin after being displaced from a flood we had. At first estimation they thought they would only need a couple of months here, which would have them moving out before Christmas, so their cabin showed as available, Upon my return from vacation and getting updated information from these folks, they realized they would need to be here much longer than the two months estimated. I did not feel I could tell them they needed to move out, and the only remaining cabins that I had would not adequately accommodate a party of 12 adults, 5 children/infants and two dogs. Again, I am very sorry for this inconvenience for this group,

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed at Hatcher Pass B & B in August and loved it. The cabin was clean and cozy and we were very happy with the breakfast foods provided which we could cook ourselves at whatever time we wanted to get up. We especially liked the little heater which was easy to use and quick to respond to get the temperature just right. Hatcher Pass B & B is a great place to stay as it is close to so many interesting things to see and do. Hanging baskets of flowers and chairs on the little porch were a nice touch and added to a great photo of my husband enjoying his cabin stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was the first of our accomodations (6 total) throughout our 2 week trip in Alaska, and was probably our favorite. Although at first I was a little surprised by the location (I expected more views from the place), the location was actually perfect. It was sort of off-the-beaten path but yet close to both Palmer and Wasilla, and of course Hatcher Pass, which we definitely recommend. We drove up to the old mine and the views were spectacular. The breakfast food supplied was perfectly adequate and Liz checked with us after our first night to be sure that we didn't need anything replenished for our second morning (we didn't). When I first booked the place I didn't think I'd like having to cook our own breakfast (it IS vacation, after all!), but it was actually pretty nice. We slept in after our long flight to Anchorage the day before, and were able to go at our own pace and eat breakfast in our PJs! Liz gave us a great recommendation for lunch in Palmer - Turkey Red - highly recommend. We had plenty of room in our cabin (we splurged for a grande cabin), everything was very clean and well maintained. Don't know if we'd ever get back to Alaska - it was kind of a "bucket list" vacation for us, but if we were ever in the Palmer area again, we'd gladly stay here. Oh, and BTW, the gas station across the street really does have great ice cream! We thought their sign saying "world's best ice cream" was a joke, but we walked over one night and it REALLY was good!

Room Tip: The grande cabin might have been more than we needed for just two people, but it was nice to spread...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ParksRCalling
Reviewed September 24, 2012

WE loved everything about this cute, clean cabin. Thanks to Liz it was easy to find, and such a unique and "Alaskan" decor! What we really enjoyed was the breakfast foods that were supplied in the cabin. It was so nice to be able to cook a hearty breakfast of sausage and eggs in the privacy of the cozy cabin. Liz encouraged us to take the drive up to the area of the Independence Mine, even though it was closed for the season, and we were glad we did. I was a beautiful drive. If we make a return trip to Alaska, we will be calling Liz for reservations.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Our first night in Alaska was definitely a great experience thanks to the Hatcher Pass B&B cabins. We stayed with 2 people in the Sourdough Cabin which was spacious and comfortable. We also stayed in another cabin on the way but I must say that this cabin in terms of amenities space and price was a steal of a deal. Everything is very well maintained and very clean. The breakfast is already in the cabin. There is a little kitchen with everything to prepare a lovely breakfast with all the ingredients that are provided! The owner is very friendly and gave us some usefull tips for our onward journey towards Denali. A must stay in Palmer!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2012

It's cabin style,we were there pretty late that night and left early the second day, so we didn't get a chance to meet the owner. But per the docs on table, we hope we also could have got a chance to meet their doggie.
The cabin inside has a queen bed and a bunk bed accomodating four of us very cozy. The restroom is inside with some sperater to form a room, but it doesn't have a top. so it's a bit not sound proofing when you are showering.
A little kitchen is embedded in the same cabin too, with electronic oven to cook and microwave and a coffee machine. In the cabinet, it has full list of utensils and in the fridge it has all kinds of breakfast, eggs, bagels, sausages, butter, milke, tea, cereal, yogurt. It's just awesome!
And it's very clean, and the heater was turned on before we got there. So once we stepped in the room, it's really warm and made us relaxing and happy.
I do wish i can be there again, stay a bit long and meet the lovely owners.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JuliaPetite
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmer
11 mi away
#1 of 12 in Palmer
Knotty Pine B&B
Knotty Pine B&B
#5 of 13 in Palmer

Been to Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!