“Worth a stop”
Review of Reindeer Farm

Reindeer Farm
Ranked #3 of 33 things to do in Palmer
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Simply put, this is fun even for adults. It's a great place for kids, but we enjoyed going in the pens and feeding the reindeer just as much as the kids. Be prepared to be swarmed - they know the routine! But they are harmless (just watch out for the antlers, some of which look like they could shear your head off).

The only negative - be prepared to clean the reindeer droppings off your shoes afterwards. It's basically unavoidable. The droppings are like pellets and they carpet the pen.

2  Thank RoadJunkie
"my mom"
"bunnies"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The reindeer farm was much better than I expected. The animals are loved and well cared for. They all have plenty of room in their fenced areas. You can take as much time as you want to visit with the elk.
The tour was very informative and fun. I learned a ton of things I didn't know to bring back to my classroom about the reindeer. After giving us some information about the reindeer, we were given cups of their food and went outside to feed them.

Remember to never raise the cup of food high in the air - a tip we much appreciated. ; ) The reindeer were more polite than goats at a petting zoo. They even seemed to be careful where their antlers were so they wouldn't come too close to you.

Denali, the moose, was a delight. I've never been able to pet or feed a moose before. We enjoyed seeing the pictures of Denali when he was a baby.

We visited on a rainy and cloudy day. So it was muddy and wet, but there isn't much anyone could do about that but make the best of it.

The staff were all friendly, helpful, and had a great sense of humor. I don't remember the lady's name who did our tour, but she was great. She was full of information and patient with everyone. She seemed to know every critter well and their own quirks.

I will stop back the next time I am in the area. Maybe next time I will even have time to go horseback riding.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

the key to this experience is the free guided tour. that is where you're allowed to walk into their pen to feed/pet the reindeer. it's not every day you can have a reindeer eat right out of your hand! the moose didn't want to play any reindeer games that day, it was being lazy, so we didn't get the chance to 'kiss the moose'. nonetheless, it was a fantastic experience. we used a BOGO from the Northern Lights coupon book which they honored.

1  Thank bisrdhazrd
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The visit to the reindeer farm was a trip highlight! So awesome in so many ways. We were able to not just pet the reindeer but get in the pen and feed them. There were so many of them and they mobbed us in getting their treats. They were so sweet and loved not only the food but the attention. Then we got to meet Denali their hand raised Moose who was so very sweet. It was such a nice surprise to find out that you could put a carrot in your mouth and he would take it from you as a Moose Smooch. We also saw many other animals to include the elk. We were fortunate to see a baby elk who had just been born a few days earlier. Recommend this to everyone who loves animals!!

1  Thank barrettsj
See more reviews
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My 12 year old thought he was too old to go (my 9 year old was excited) but he ended up loving it. The staff was very friendly and start by giving some background on the caribou and then everyone gets a cup of feed to go feed the reindeer (who are all over you like a swarm of flies). The kids loved it as you can play a bit of hide and seek with the food to get away from some and go feed others (just put it in your shirt). We also got to kiss the moose which consists of holding a carrot in your mouth and the moose eats it. Our kids also enjoyed holding the bunnies and seeing the other animals. We did not do a trail ride but they do offer them there. We had 2 for 1 with northern lites coupon book which saves a few $'s. Do be prepared to accidentally step in a few caribou poo's (we had to scrape pretty good afterward before getting back in RV).