“Feeding the Reindeer was cool”
Review of Reindeer Farm

Reindeer Farm
Ranked #1 of 31 things to do in Palmer
florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Feeding the Reindeer was cool”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is a working farm, and you have to think of it as such. They do a nice job with the tour but it does smell like a farm. It was a great treat to feed the reindeer and we learned some nice facts about them. The whole tour took maybe 30-45 minutes including the feeding. A nice little sidetrip.

2 Thank FloridaHoneybell

• Hebrew first
Anchorage, AK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great place for the young and old”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I have been here 3 times. Twice in the winter and then a couple weeks ago. Every time was a blast. The guides and staff are very nice and well informative. Everyone gets their own cup of reindeer food and after a short spiel about reindeer we were on our own to feed them and ask more questions to the guide, if we had any. During our summer visit we wore old boots, lots of reindeer poop and mud. But our out of town guests didn't have any so they borrowed some from the many pairs the reindeer farm has for their guests.
Next we got to feed the two moose, Denali and Kenai. Both lovable males. I even got a kiss from Denali. There's also Dolly, the bison and several elk and horseback riding. Everyone had fun, my 3 year old son, 16 year old cousin, and my aunts and uncles.

3 Thank chanchorage
Roseville, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great experience for interacting and viewing animals of alaska”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

This was a very uplifting experience for my wife and I. We were able to feed reindeer, moose, bison. There were baby reindeer to pet as well. We were told to watch out for evan because he has a big appetite, and boy no sooner did she give us the heads up, there was evan zeroing in for the hand outs lol. I have a lot of appreciation for this place and would recommend it to everyone I meet and know personally. Theres even a cool hike across the street with panoramic views of palmer. I would have to be a volunteer if i was to live close. The owner was very friendly as well. GREAT TIMES!!

Visited May 2011
3 Thank cass069
Elmendorf AFB, AK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun and very informative :0)”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We learned a lot about Reindeer ~ things we never realized :0) I got to smooch Denali the Moose thereby fulfilling a lifelong goal :0) Our tour guide was fun and very knowledgeable ~ We were able to mingle with the reindeer and feed them too :0)

Visited June 2011
1 Thank TheMoodyMoose
Orlando, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“I'd go to the musk ox farm if you had to pick”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I had visited the Musk Ox Farm before coming here so I already had a set of expectations in mind before starting my tour. While the visit to the farm was quite fun (who doesn't love to feed reindeer and take pictures?), it was not very informative. The guide didn't provide as much details as I had hoped. The tour itself was probably 15-20 minutes or so. At the musk ox farm (see my other review), you learn A LOT and get to see the creatures too. Although, you do not get to feed them. Bottom line, go here if you have kids and go to the musk ox farm if you are looking for some "intellectual enlightenment" to an animal farm.

2 Thank taniguck