“Friendly service at a great price”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palmer
Alaska's Harvest B&B
Ranked #1 of 13 Palmer B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We were looking for a place to stop over in the Palmer/Wasilla area for one night on our way to Seward. I'm so glad that I looked into bed and breakfasts in the area. The price was so much more reasonable than the hotels and had much better reviews.

I spoke with the owner when setting up the reservation and she was very friendly and helpful. I made a reservation for a room with a queen bed and a futon for my husband and two tween age kids (I was staying overnight at the state fairgrounds for a conference). When my husband arrived, she told him that she had a space available that she thought would be more comfortable for them, so she moved them to a lower level where there was a room with a queen bed for my husband and then the cute little Knick's Nook for the kids. There was also a large and cozy sitting area and a bathroom. They slept very comfortably and were happy with the stay.

I actually stopped in before checkout and was able to see the home. It was very nice with an interesting collection of Alaskan decor.

The only thing that was different from what you would expect was how she handles breakfast. Rather than serve a common breakfast in the morning, cold cereal, pastries, etc. are provided in the room and guests eat at their leisure. It was a bit disappointing, but overall did not detract from our satisfaction. It was still a great place to stay at a reasonable price and we would return if we stay in that area again.

• Stayed: June 2014
collette h, Owner at Alaska's Harvest B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

THANK YOU for the nice review and for staying with us! The only thing I wanted to clear up is that where I put the children that night is called the Fox Hole, not Knik's Nook. Knik's Nook is a whole room located on the other side of the house. When the Gold Mine room is rented, they get that whole floor of the house and it includes the living room, private bath, kitchenette and the Fox Hole. :)
You are right about the breakfast being stocked in the rooms. Cereals (hot and cold), pastries, yogurts, bagels w creamed cheese, milk, juices, coffee, fruit, bread and usually boiled eggs for those staying more than one night. In this area, a great percentage of our guests arrive on the red-eye flight and often get to our home between 11pm and 2 a.m. They are sleepy in the morning and often do not want to meet at a given time around a breakfast table. Others are up and gone off on a flight-seeing tour by 6:00a.m. and they would miss breakfast completely. So, we decided to do what honestly seems to work better for our guests and just have a lot of variety there in the little kitchenette each room has so they are certain to have something to eat no matter what their travel plans may be.
Again, thank you for staying with us and DO come back again!! God bless!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Spacious modern and very cozy home in a quiet wooded area west of Palmer with an outstanding view of the mountains. Congenial hosts. A great place to stay when visiting the nearby high elevation Hatcher Pass and Independence Mine State Park.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We did not stay at Alaska's Harvest B&B. We stayed at their Cottage. While I have already given a review, I'll be glad to do so again. We had a great view of mountains on three sides. Got photos of moose trying to eat the neighbor's garden. The Cottage was cozy and clean. We enjoyed the peace and quiet. It was far enough out of town to give the wilderness effect, yet close enough to Palmer to be able to take advantage of the town's amenities. We based out of The Cottage for a week going to Girdwood, Denali, Anchorage, Knik Glacier, the Reindeer Farm and other attractions. We really enjoyed our stay and Collette did everything she could to make our stay enjoyable. highly recommend The Cottage.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We arrived late and left early, but the accommodations were amazing. Beautiful home! I liked that the owner left a note on the door for us and we were able to come and go without interrupting the other guests or the owner.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

No trip to the Mat-su Valley in Alaska is complete without staying at the
Alaska's Harvest B&B. This is the most beautiful and serene home I have
ever visited. It is the perfect Alaskan atmosphere. Collette is so kind and
hospitable. We didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The gorgeous home and accommodations were perfect --- beautiful scenery, super clean, comfortable, welcoming. Our room had a view of the mountain and of the goats which we loved watching. There was plenty of a variety of breakfast foods in the refrigerator --- juices, fruit, yogurt. We were so pleased and highly recommend Alaska's Harvest B & B. We liked the privacy of coming and going without having to bother either our host or other guests.

Room Tip: We had the suite which was very roomy and could accommodate a large family easily,
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I would both visit again and recommend Alaska's Harvest B & B to anyone who cared to consider it. My first impression upon arrival was both warm and welcoming. The proprieter greeted us and made us feel welcome. The facility was a home that opened it's doors to travelers. It was interesting, clean, and ever so comfortable. This B & B was close to Palmer but yet rural enough to allow us the enjoyment of the country living. The scenery almost defies description. I see that some travelers didn't care for the in-room kitchenette, but we were aware of that element before we made reservations. I arrived ill and stayed in bed the entire next day. I wasn't bothered, but was offered via my husband whatever assistance I felt I needed. We were welcomed and treated as valued guests. Thank you, Collette and Joe.

Room Tip: We had the Reindeer room with the most comfortable king-sized bed. The adjacent bathroom had a conn...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmer
10 mi away
4 mi away
Knotty Pine B&B
Knotty Pine B&B
#7 of 13 in Palmer

Been to Alaska's Harvest B&B? Share your experiences!