“Delightful Atmosphere”

Ranked #7 of 52 Restaurants in Palmer
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 29, 2012

A favorite place to eat when in Palmer! Breakfasts are very filling and the service is warm and friendly, a great way to start the day! The lunch specials are wonderful, soup or chowder and a sandwich, and the historic atmosphere is very relaxing and comfortable.

1  Thank AlaskanWriter

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Food is a bit better than average, could use more freshness and an update. Very comforting food however. Just give us a bit of different. The staff is friendly and welcoming and the place is very clean.

Reviewed April 16, 2009

Lunch special is the way to go. Includes green salad, quiche and cup of soup. If you are lucky go on a day when they have corn chowder - it is so good! They have good quiche.
Sandwiches are good too, but my preference whenever I go is for the special.
Daily dessert specials are good too.

1  Thank bitgirl
Reviewed February 13, 2008

This is my favorite restaurant in Palmer. Stay at the Colony Inn if you get the chance. I live in Wasilla, so it would be difficult for me to come up with an excuse to stay here. If I was traveling, I wouldn't miss the chance to stay and have breakfast. I take all my visitors here when they come to visit. I also like to go across the street to the museum. Don't miss the tour!!! If you are a history buff, you won't want to miss it. I love old things and history. Just my place.
Oh! You won't get a better meal anywhere! I would love to own this place. I wouldn't change a thing:)

1  Thank Ginacbird
A TripAdvisor Member
Anchorage, AK
Reviewed May 31, 2006

Best place to eat in the Matsu Valley. We were there on a Friday night. Casual but elegant. Fine cuisine prepared by Chef Pete. The music of a live soft jazz group enhanced our dining experience. Can't beat the view of the Talkeenta mountain range. Its located in downtown Palmer in one of the historic building (converted New Deal teacher dormatory). They even have the original hardwood floors.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member