Eagle Hotel
  • Restaurant
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
Average 3/5
Eagle River Motel(Eagle River)
  • Free Internet
Excellent 5/5
    See what travelers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed July 7, 2013

First room we stayed in smelled damp. And the keys on the second floor open multiple doors, apparently-because our first night another guest used theirs to open our door and stumble drunkenly into our room while my wife, infant daughter, and myself were trying to sleep. There was mildew in the bathrooms.
    Secondly, when I some unforseen work issues cut my vacation time short by 10 days, they refused to even offer a partial refund-charging me over $1000 for a room I was not in, and they were able to rent to others. When I called to ask, in spite of my maintaining a business manner, the manager hung up on me. Decidedly unprofessional, and poorly run establishment.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
    5  Thank Aaron W
    Bee K, General Manager at Eagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

I would like to clear these issues with you.
    1. No card but a manager card can open more then one room. So someone walking in your room is impossible.
    2. Our hotel is newly renovated less then a year to be exact and there is no mildew in any of the rooms we make sure those things are checked by maintenance on a weekly basis.
    3. As far as the early leave. Our policy clearly states no refund for early check outs.
    4. Our manager handled the situation in a very professional manner as I the other manager was standing right next to her while you were cursing and yelling at her and no one should have to be treated that way.
    I would still like to apologize that you left here unhappy, you also have to understand that running a business means following rules which is exactly what we did.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night after the tour at Denali NP and on our way back to Anchorage. Hotels at Anchorage are typically very expensive, and we are happy this hotel didn't cost nearly as much.
    The room we had was a big (I mean big!) room on the third floor with two queen beds 10 feet away from each other, and there was more room for a few things. In addition the room had a door that lead to a big balcony that is shared by four rooms on the third floor. The room was a little old, but ok. Unfortunately there is no elevator between floor 2 and 3, since it looks like the third floor was built later.
    The hotel had a bar and a restaurant, but we didn't get to use them. The people at the front desk were nice and helpful, and the location was pretty nice, about 30 min away from Anchorage and in a small and nice town.

Room Tip: pick a room that is not on the third floor if you have heavy luggage
    • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
    2  Thank wangcomeon
    Bee K, General Manager at Eagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate it and are very glad that you had a good stay with us.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My cousin and I spent two nights at the hotel. It was a holiday weekend and almost everything in town was closed. The staff directed us to a few places we could eat, buy grocieries and some local points of interest. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The price was reasonable and the staff was helpful, friendly and professional. There were no noise problems and everything was in working order. I would stay at The Eagle Hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
    1  Thank Happygolucky8_44
    Bee K, General Manager at Eagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

We are very happy that you were pleased with your stay. Thank you for choosing the Eagle Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights for meetings in Palmer. When we went to check out we were charged for 3 nights. While that was bad, another group at our meeting was charged for 5 nights. They refused to make any adjustments. They also told the organizers that the restaurant would be open by 7 so we could eat before the meetings. It opened at 9, no breakfast there. We must have been at the end of the hot water since it only got lukewarm for everyone at our end of the hall. Do NOT stay at this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
    2  Thank Rangemgr
    Bee K, General Manager at Eagle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

We are sorry to hear your experience wasn't good with us. As for the check in and check out date mistakes we explained to you and the other party that the mistake wasn't ours and that it was the person who organized your meeting and stay here. We also showed the organizer the emails that we had received from her which had all the dates that she sent over and that's exactly what we had booked. If it were a mistake on our part we have no problem refunding any money back. Unfortunately those rooms were blocked so far ahead that if we even did refund any money back there would be a very small chance that we could re book those rooms. We do apologize again and wish that there was more that we can do for you.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay. The room, while basic, was clean, comfortable and huge. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. Palmer's a great town. It was nice to have accommodations right in town. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We are very glad that we met your expectations. See you in the future.