“Fan-Freaking-Tastic!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fan-Freaking-Tastic!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I made the decision to try this experience out. I am so glad we did. We spent about 8 days in Alaska at a cabin to the east of Palmer. We opted not to do the typical touristy type things. Instead, we decided to spend a bit of time exploring Alaska on our own. We spent a lot of time driving, we hiked a bit, took a train, went fishing, and of course spent a whole day on this 4 wheeler ride to Knik Glacier.

The views were spectacular. The food provided was delicious!!! The staff was more than accommodating. We did notice that some of the older attendees were struggling a bit as this trip was 8+ hours. For my wife and I (late 30s), we had a blast!!! The experience was like no other we have ever experienced before. We will remember this for the rest of our lives. The best money we spent the whole we were there!!!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Raymond W

Houston, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We chose the Knick glacier tour and we had a great time. The whole ATV tour was tiring since it went on for 7 hours but still worth it.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Karthik M
Kearny, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“If you like ATVing, you will LOVE this tour.”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

So my husband and I are avid ATVers. We own quads and we were looking forward to doing some ATVing the Alaskan backcountry. We were on a cruise ship that docked in Anchorage from 8AM-9PM. Be aware that this tour company is located in Palmer which is about an hour away from Anchorage. You will have to arrange transporation with them at an added cost (the cost is reasonable).

So let's get to the good part, how was the trip?? AMAZING!!! Patrick, our guide (who was AWESOME, informative, and friendly), took us through muddy puddles, up bumpy terrain, and through puddles so deep they could probably be consider mini lakes. The ultimate destination of our 45 mile roundtrip, was bringing us within a 1/4 of a mile of a face of a glacier.

At the end of the day, we were muddy, tired and sore. Any ATVer will tell you that means you had a great ride. So why only 4 stars? While everyone who works with the tours was really friendly, I called and sent some emails that weren't returned. This made me a little weary because I couldn't find any reviews of them online. I hope that they improve in this area. Hopefully this review will "break the ice" and more people will feel confident with using them.

Happy Riding!