Valley Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Palmer
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
Eagle River Motel(Eagle River)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewsextensive menustate fair groundsreview helpsprices are reasonablerestaurant reviewclean roomsdineralaskavalley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2011

It may not have the nicest rooms (always under some kind of construction), but the bar, cafe and liquor store there make up for that guest rooms, which are continually beingi updated. The hotel staff is the greatest! We will stay there whenever we go to Palmer!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gmccoy
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I stayed for a week while on business in town. The room was very small but clean if you don't count the mildew in the shower and the dried up remnants of something slipped on the side of the night stand. The heat in the room was turned all the way down but I had to leave the window open to get the room cool enough to be comfortable. The mattress was uncomfortable. This hotel is on the main drag so with the window open you hear constant traffic. One night there were drunks fighting right outside and the hotel would not usher them away. The walls are very thin, I could hear a man in the room next to mine snoring at night and there were kids upstairs partying and making noise around the clock. The tub faucet had a fast drip. The restaurant has okay food but poor service. Tiny fridge, no microwave, bathroom door doesn't shut all the way, only two towels, for $75 what can you really expect for Alaska. There isn't much alternative in Palmer, AK. I will not stay here again and would recommend that others not stay if they are trying to get a good night's rest.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank travelak907
Reviewed January 14, 2011

Rooms are very small, but very clean. It's blowing 40-60 with gusts to 80 mph and we can't hear it, the rooms are warm and the nice thing is..there's a restaurant open 24 hours @ day 7 days per week downstairs, so we don't have to leave...(all the locals hang out at the little bar downstairs, it seems to be very popluar.)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2010

My experience with this place is that the service was very good, the rooms were very small with exposed pipes in the room, no coffee maker or micro wave oven, tho they did have a small frig. Guess they are expecting you to go to the restaurant they have right there?
If you are planning to have a restful time here bag it..... the walls are paper thin I could hear the person in the next room hollering on the phone I had to turn the volume on the TV up! Then the next morning I got woke up a 4:45am to crashing & banging going on up above me (sounded like kids on a rampage) that carried on for an hour.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank AKWhisper
Reviewed August 16, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a week since I was attending training nearby. It's an older building that has been remodeled so the room was pretty small and it was fairly clean. The room was furnished with new handmade furniture and was acceptable for me and my wife. We had no noise issues while we were there. Service at the hotel desk was okay but not great.

The food in the 24/7 Open Cafe downstairs was absolutely amazing!
We ate there alot that week since my training included meal tickets for the cafe. We had many different meals there and I can remember that we liked everything that we ate.
Some of the best food I have had and I come from a very small town.
Portion sizes tended to run on the large size. I'm so glad I only ordered 1/2 order of baby back ribs for dinner the one time as it was plenty for me.
They have excellent pies as well.
The cafe waitresses were very busy at times but did a good job.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business