“Wonderful surprise!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Wasilla, Alaska, United States
“Wonderful surprise!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I am somewhat hard to please in the dining department; and especially when it come to our Valley restaurants I am often very very disappointed. There are only 2 others in this area that are worth the time or money. Turkey Red completely exceeded my expectations! We went on a date on Friday evening and I had the dinner special of shortribs, they were perfectly delicious. We split a portobello salad that was fabulous and started with the butter clams. Good wine and even really good musicians on guitars playing over in the corner. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and will return.

3 Thank Jennifer R

Fargo, North Dakota
“Nice food in a pleasant atmosphere.”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The staff is friendly, helpful and knowlegeable. the food is exdcellent and the surroundings are pleasant.

2 Thank Willem S
Bethesda MD
“Nice spot for a meal”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went here on the advice of our B&B. Very nice decor, tempting pastries in the display in front. We were seated at a high table that was okay for me but uncomfortable for my wife. We should have asked for a regular table as it was not crowded when we first went in (crowded later). The food was very good, if not memorable. Service was fine.

1 Thank DocLeJeune
Portland, OR
“Would've been a 5 if not for one bad dish and the service.”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

The food here was excellent, except for the Pasta Magnifico, which was awful. My wife and I both tried to eat it but only got through a quarter of the dish. The server gave us a small discount on that dish but refused to comp it because we both ate some and didn't send it back. That's her call, but having worked in several restaurants myself I would've comped the dish. Other than that this place was fantastic. Good food, good atmosphere, but mediocre service (bad dish not getting comped aside). Probably wont return because the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth, both literally and figuratively.

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great Food, Ho-hum Service”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Ate at the restaurant at the recommendation of a Park Guide at Independence Mine. The food was fabulous from the tasty Polenta entrée to the Lemon Custard Tart and Yogurt Cheesecake. However, what made me rate this a 4-star instead of a 5 was the service. When we arrived we were asked by no less than 3 different servers if there would just be the two of us (yes) and told someone would be right with us...this despite the fact that (a) the restaurant was only about 1/3 full and (b) obviously no one was 'right' with us as we had 3 different servers ask the same question. The server who assisted us was pleasant but not overly helpful, bringing out our check before asking if we wanted dessert (which we did, and which caused the check to have to be recalculated). Despite this, the food was what we visited for and it was a definite win.

1 Thank Suzski