“I wasn't impressed”

$115.00*
and up
Fairbanks City Highlight Tour
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I went there and I was a little disappointed with how Santa Claus house was decorated. I was looking forward to something grander...The 3 reindeer kept in an enclosure just beside the the house looked to be in a rather sad, unhealthy state. The huge Santa Claus along the road looked fierce! Honestly, I'll skip this place unless it's en route to my lodging or another more worth attraction.

3  Thank kelceyk

Reviewed February 11, 2011

A giant Santa greets you, with a sleigh for photos to be taken. Some of Santa's reindeer are outside, in fenced areas. Parking lot was a little small, since I"m sure they get very busy as it gets closer to Christmas. But the whole inside was either Santa/North Pole/Christmas themed. Pretty much anything with Santa you could want, they've got! Even Santa Clause to visit with in his summer attire! Clothes, ornaments, coffee, knick-knacks, just about everything. You probably don't need a lot of time to hang out, but it's a fun place to say you've been too.

2  Thank missyjoremy
Reviewed July 27, 2010

As far as an attraction, it is mostly a souvenier shop. Santa did show up on Friday and he was very patient and friendly with all the children and took pictures with them. Other than that, the only thing to do there is shop. I felt sorry for the Reindeer behind the fence, maybe if they somehow made it look more natural and were able to distract from the fact that the fence was there, that would be better. I did, however, totally enjoy the coffee they have. It was actually equal to or better than Starbucks, which I like. My recommendation is if you enjoy coffee and you are in the area, go there. Otherwise, theres not much else there to see.

3  Thank beach_1111
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I had waited to go to the Santa House until we had guests anticipating that it would be something neat to share with out of town visitors, I was sorely disappointed! This is nothing but a tourist trap. Room after room of Christmas goods, but no activities geared toward the kids. I spent most of the time following after my 3 yr old so he would not break anything. The building itself is well decorated with various Christmas scenes, and a play on our North Pole name. A few reindeer are penned up outside, another weird touristy thing, but fun for the little ones. If you are looking to get a Christmas or North Pole gift, stop in. Otherwise, take a picture and keep on going. You can write your own letter from Santa and drop it off at the North Pole post office and save yourself $15. :0)

3  Thank armyvacations
Reviewed September 3, 2009

The drive is long from well wherever..... It's funny because my husband lived in Alaska all his life and never went up there just because everything is such a journey. We stopped at the Pipeline on the way which I think is a must see. It's so interesting to see those pipes. I do think that the Santa Claus House is a tourist destination, but his whole family enjoyed it and my little one 4 months at the time was intrigued by the deer outside- YES- REAL DEER outside in a fenced in area with all sorts of Christmas stuff in that area. We went in June. I believe Mr. & Mrs. Claus have been doing this for over 20+ years or so. We took pictures with them and walked around lots and lots of Christmas and Alaska stuff. There is sooooo much in that store. Please know that there is nothing else in that area. I think that the pipeline is 2 hours headed back toward Anchorage. You could also visit the Denali National Park is you want- we had no need to because we always see wildlife just walking by us whereever we are. Actually on the way back from the North Pole a bear walked right in front of our car on the highway- yes and yes. I will attach photos of that.

Make it a point to stop where all the other cars are stopping to try to see Mt. Mckinley. You will notice many cars on the side of the road and that is the point. I have to check w/ hubby to find out where we were. .

This is where all of the letters your children write come to and you can also send a letter from Santa Claus to your home so that it arrives for Christmas. It's pretty neat. Nothing more in that town than a Mcdonalds I think.

If you are headed north toward Fairbanks.... I say go for it.

5  Thank alaskajamaica