“Don't let one bad employee scare you away”
Review of Afishunt Charters

Afishunt Charters
Damascus, Oregon
“Don't let one bad employee scare you away”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have to agree with the first reviewer IN PART. Capt. Brian was a very impersonable guide. He didn't talk much and actually yelled at a few of the other passengers that were new to halibut fishing. I was very unhappy with my experience on his boat (Voyager). The fishing was great, but he really does have no business working as a guide.

Fortunately, I had the opportunity to fish on two of their other boats prior to my experience with Capt. Brian. I went on the Afishunt ll with Capt. Seth and the Excitor with Capt. Allen. Both of these guides were great as we're their deckhands. It would be hard for me to completely write off Afishunt Charters, but I would definitely avoid Capt. Brian and the Voyager at all cost. I did not get an opportunity to fish on their fourth boat, but did hear great things about that captain as well.

The rest of the employes of Afishunt Carter's were also extremely helpful and eager to please. This included both the RV park workers as well as the Charter Office Staff. Please don't let one bad employee ruin what cold otherwise be a terrific fishing experience.

Visited July 2012

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“The day was beautiful, only problem extremely rude boat captain Brian”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We spent good money for this trip, but it was by far the most unenjoyable thing we did on the trip, not because we didn't catch fish because we did, but because the captain of the boat, Brian obviously hates his job and can't abide tourists. He barely uttered a word the entire trip, if we asked a question, he ignored us, he grudgingly gave us a very brief lesson on halibut fishing, if we asked a question about the gear or anything else related to how to catch halibut he ignored us, he is a very unpleasant person who should never work with the public. Our group was in Alaska for 2 weeks and we found Alaskans to be a nice and friendly bunch with the exception of captain Brian. Definitely not recommend this company.

Visited June 2011
4 Thank girllovestotravel
Hawaii
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Fishing on the Kasilof”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

After a few phone calls of questions and information, we decided to hire Afishunt Charters to provide us the salmon fishing experience. We had never before fished for salmon nor fish in a river, so talking with John was very helpful as he explained what would happen, what to expect, and what would be provided by the company.

The best part of choosing this company amongst all others, was that they give a military discount to veterans and military personnel. That was a GREAT plus with us - since there were 8 of us fishing that day on the Kasilof River.

We had so much fun with our guides Grant and Thom - they were very knowledgable and helpful, patient and kind, and strong enough to keep our little boat from drifting down river by paddling backwards - whew - I would have given up long ago! They also took care of baiting our poles, taking us to certain fishing spots, and making sure we had a good time.

What a great feeling when you finally catch a King Salmon - and it was delicious to eat too. After a full day charter, we returned back to our van very tired for a long day on the water, but ever grateful for the beautiful day, the color of the glacial waters (the Kasilof is fed by glacial water which is a gorgeous aqua), and the fun we had with our guides.

If you're looking for some family fun (10 and 12 year olds), take your family to do some river fishing in Alaska - and hire Afishunt Charters for help! Have fun.

Visited June 2011