“I ate at this restaurant several times.”
Review of La Casa Italiana

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Casa Italiana
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Nikiski
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Mexican food is the best I have ever had. I love the Chipotle Chicken. The pizzas are large and lovely. I was in the Nikiski area a little over two week and ate at this restaurant every other day.

3  Thank Mary Ellen C

Reviewed May 15, 2013

It's tucked into a middle-door-occupancy in a small strip-mall. You'd never figure it for WOW food. How they handle and mix Italian, Mexican and American in this little place I'll never know, but they do it well.
The menu had a good variety of all three cuisines with enough fare of each to satisfy anyone eating there. A mixed crew could be happy. I craved Italian when I walked in - just a hankering to have some sauce and pasta - but that was when I walked in.
As I looked over the menu I found plenty that appealed to me - in all three categories.
I was served a bowl of chips and some excellent salsa when I sat down so my taste buds started changing their mind. I finally decided on a combination plate with a Chili Relleno and Tostada for only $8.95. It came with the obligatory refried beans and mexican rice.
It didn't take long for it to arrive and I cleaned the plate. It was very good.
I plan to go back to try some of their Italian fare but, for now, the memory of the good Mexican meal has me voting positive for this great hole in the mall.

1  Thank Antiquetuck
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great food - the menu has a wonderful variety of American, Italian and Mexican food! The staff is also friendly and helpful. Located in a small mall down the "North Road", it is off the beaten path so it has become a treasure for the locals.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

If you ever find yourself in Nikiski Alaska, you have to stop at the La Casa Italiana for a meal. In addition to Italian they also have a terrific Mexican menu and make very good pizzas. I think I have now tried everything on the menu but my favorite is the Chipotle Chicken. The owners care about all of their customers and want everyone to leave full. Meal servings are on the large size, you will not leave hungry.

1  Thank MaryEllen1539