“Grouchy Service”

Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Nenana
Nenana, Alaska, United States
“Grouchy Service”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

After living in Nenana for some time now, I have never had a positive experience when dining at the "Mondo". The food is generic fast fried greasy stuff, but the staff is quite unhappy every time I have dined here.

Visited April 2012
4 Thank Meghan Q

“Excellent burgers”
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Nenana Visitor center staff suggested this place. We had the best hambergers of our trip. Rustic bar/restaurant with a pool table. Looks like the place where locals hang out, which is what we like. Service was fast and friendly and prices were reasonable.

1 Thank nsquare
Elmer,NJ
“fantastic food in the middle of nowhere!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed February 24, 2007

My husband, I and our two teens had stopped off at the Nenana Visitor Center and the woman recommended this place for its food.

When we pulled up to it, this looked like a bar for sure, and I have to be honest..the place didn't look all that nice.

When we went in..it was dark...kinda dingy.....

But here it comes........ I ordered Teriyaki chicken..........WOW. Most likely the BEST I ever had. Who knew?? Hubby ordered the beer-battered halibut......undoubtedly the best we had ever had. We are fussy about the quality of food served....and I could find no fault with portion size or taste. My kids raved about their platters also, which says a lot, because they are picky eaters.

So, Monderosa, do me a favor. PLEASE don't change whatever it is that you are doing..because we are SO looking forward to flying out to Fairbanks in June 2008 and we will be back.....We still talk about it at least once a week to friends, and we can't wait to walk in your establishment, sit down, order some brew and sodas, and dig in!

For those of you who are going through Nenana, you will be pleasantly surprised..great food..reasonable prices....you will not leave hungry or disappointed!!!!!!!!

3 Thank Lablover_419