“Food and service were excellent!”
Review of Summitt Lake Lodge

Summitt Lake Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Moose Pass
Cuisines: Seafood
Ames, Iowa
“Food and service were excellent!”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Loved everything about the lodge and the restaurant!

Visited May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Hebrew first
Costa Mesa, California
“Plain boring food with no imagination - only as a last choice”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

My son and I were driving from Anchorage to Kenai and were hungry. Since there are not many choices on Seward Highway, we pulled into Summit Lake Lodge for some lunch. Their website claims fine dining with majestic views, but there is nothing fine about the dining here. Do not be fooled by the hype! Their menu is extremely short and unimaginative.

My son chose the soft tacos and I had the Chicken Fettuccini. The tacos were cold and had ground beef with little else in the taco. We requested hot sauce, but all they had was Tabasco. My son stated they were the most boring and flavorless tacos he had ever had. The Alfredo sauce on my fettucini wasn't too bad, but the cubed chicken pieces looked and tasted like the over-processed breast meat that you buy in a bag at the supermarket. The processed taste prevented me from eating it, and I ended up leaving a big pile of perfectly sliced cubes of chicken on my plate.

Virtually everything we were served tasted like it had come out of a can or a package. I don't believe that any of the food we were served was freshly made in the kitchen. Do yourself a favor and plan ahead - don't get stuck at the Summit Lake Lodge.

The view is beautiful - the food is not.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank steve_costa_mesa
summitak, Owner at Summitt Lake Lodge, responded to this review, August 14, 2016
Let me make this clear. We do not serve Chicken Fettuccini on our menu. Nor do we serve ground beef in our fish tacos. I am not convinced that you were not at the Lodge and may have stopped elsewhere. I am sorry that you were disappointed in the food but I believe you stopped elsewhere and not at Summit Lake Lodge.

Marty and June

proud owners of Summit Lake Lodge
San Francisco, California
“Good place to stop for pie”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We just stopped here on our travels since we heard they had good pie. The pie was good with great views of the lake... didn't eat anything else but if you need an afternoon sugar rush, this is the place.

• Visited August 2011