“Beutiful lodge in a spectacular setting”
Review of Inn at Tern Lake

Inn at Tern Lake
Ranked #1 of 3 Moose Pass B&B and Inns
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Beutiful lodge in a spectacular setting”
Reviewed June 23, 2009

This is a very nice bed and breakfast located in a spectacular location. The views are incredible. The hosts were very nice. The breakfasts were excellent. I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone looking for a quiet and restfull stay in a location with incredible beauty. As a first time visitor to Alaska, I did not realize how remote most of the state outside of Anchorage really is. The Inn at Tern Lake looks like the internet pictures. A number of other spots that I saw in person did not resemble the internet build up. The hosts were gracious and sincerely interested in our needs without being intrusive or pushy.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed June 22, 2009

After my first trip April 2009 to Tern Lake with friends (we use the Inn as a quilting retreat), I was estatic to go a second time this month. And, I would go again. I have lived in Alaska for nearly fifty years and know the Kenai Peninsula very well. Tern Lake Inn is beautiful: the architecture, the location providing stunning views of the mountains and clear water from any window within the inn. The accomodations are very clean and modern. The inn is heated with in-floor circulating hot water and ventilated with an exclusive exhaust and fresh air system. For ambiance and extra heat, there are several direct-vent fireplaces located in the great rooms and some sleeping rooms. Our hosts, Jeff and Rose, are rare in the world of travel. Rose furnished great breakfasts and was attentive to any of our needs, including dietary. My husband and I are planning to stay at Tern Lake soon for a fabulous getaway after we raft the Kenai River. I hope to stay again with my friends for a fall retreat. Next time, I will bring a golf club or two. You will have to go to see what I know. Happy Bed and Breakfast-ing to you.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I have stayed at the Inn at Tern Lake 3 times and have had a wonderful experience each time and certainly plan to go again.
The setting between two soaring mountains is so striking it is hard to do anything but look at natures wonders. The Inn is modern, comfortable, clean and everywhere I look there is some creative unique or thoughtful item that makes me wish I my own home were so well thought out. Rose, your hostess is a wonderful cook and I have been blown away by her wonderful mouthwatering breakfast creations. Jeff and Rose have thought of everything you may ever think you need. Extra towls, blankets, bathrobes, shampoo conditioner and soap in the showers, hats in the entry, walking paths, flower gardens, lovely decks to sit out and enjoy the birds and scenery and sun, putting green and small landing strip are a few that come to mind.

• Stayed June 2009
Anchorage, AK
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I just returned from spending the weekend at Tern Lake Inn. What a wonderful place and the hosts were so great. We had tours of the "outdoor yard", right in the wilderness. We had a mom moose and two calves spend time right out our windows. Rooms were so inviting, large beds and private baths. I would stay forever...

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Anchorage
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I have been attending quilt retreats at the Inn at Tern Lake several times a year since 2007. Rose and Jeff are always very friendly and go out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. They are there if we need them for anything. The rooms are clean and spotless, upscale and luxurious without being snooty. There are lots of windows, and every one of them has a spectacular view. The breakfast is always delicious and timed to suit our schedule. I couldn't wish for more gracious hosts, a more comfortable experience or beautiful surroundings. The only thing I don't like is leaving!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Willow, Alaska
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Our groups seventh semi-annual visit (10 of us), and each time just gets better. Jeff & Rose know just how to make everyone feel welcome, while providing the ultimate in cleanliness, upgrades, and outstanding food. The views are breathtaking any time of the year. I highly recommend this facility for any special occasion - weddings, reunions, craft groups, outdoor enthusiasts, etc. You will start feeling like it's a second home and will want to return many times.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Alvin
Reviewed June 12, 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 nights stay at the Inn at Tern Lake. Jeff and Rose were very hospitable. Rose fixed wonderful breakfasts each morning (her french toast is the best I've ever tasted!) and had fresh baked cookies out in the afternoon. Our room was large, had lake and mountain views from large bedroom window and from french doors which led to a private balcony. We even had beautiful lake and mountain view from the bathroom window! Room was clean and very comfortable. The Inn is in a great location, convenient to Seward, Kenai, Homer and so much more on the Kenai Peninsula.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Renfro's Lakeside Retreat
Bell in the Woods
Bell in the Woods
#1 of 46 in Seward

Been to Inn at Tern Lake? Share your experiences!