“Best lodging ever!!!”
Review of Summit Lake Lodge

Summit Lake Lodge
Reviewed August 17, 2012

So I never ever write reviews on places I stay, but Summit Lake Lodge was so wonderful I had to post a review so others wouldn't miss this hidden gem.

The location is beautiful, the staff is so helpful and welcoming and the rooms are amazing! It felt cozy and secluded but had a modern feel to it as well.

I had my 3 year old son on the trip and he loved this place more than anywhere else in Alaska. He still asks if we can go back. Great deal for a truly amazing place.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Amita78

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here our last night in Alaska while working our way back to the ANC airport. It is very conviently located, which in turn creates a little more road noise when you are outside. However, the lake is gorgeous and inside the cabins, you don't hear a thing except your husband snoring in the awesomely comfortable bed. The newly renovated cabins were completely upscale. The made to order breakfast was great. So if you have a later flight, you get a lot more for your money here than you do in down town Anchorage.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed in the summit suite which was just beautiful. VERY comfy bed and stunning restroom and shower room, massive TV. I had asked for some excursions to be organised and when we arrived we were talked through our itinerary, given advice - everything was well planned and we had a magnificent time. A good selection for breakfast and we went to the restaurant in the evenings which served lovely food. I even enjoyed the pizza and ice cream shop one evening, beautiful surroundings. All the staff were helpful and friendly. With it being in such a convenient place to explore the penninsula, I would certainly recommend it. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Binzels
Reviewed August 14, 2012

For 20 years I have passed Summit Lake and every time have thought what a lovely prospect the lake has with its stunning views and peaceful calming surroundings. This time we finally went with an excuse to celebrate our anniversary. Spent the weekend in a lovely cabin that was immaculate, modern and beautiful. We thought the 'breakfast included' was to be a typical continental style meal, but we were pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't and we thoroughly enjoyed our full breakfast. The restaurant staff was open, friendly, kind and efficient. Two people working in the cafe handled the 10 or so seated tables beautifully. We lucked out with two gorgeous days despite an unpredictable summer here in Anchorage. Walked thru the adjacent woods and around the lovely nearby campsite. We thought that this was a perfect getaway location and we hope we can make it a yearly jaunt. Even the drive to and from Anchorage was relaxing and only helped to set our mood. You don't have to be an outdoor adventurer to be here. We just took a walk, wandered and relaxed. Many thanks to the whole staff for our lovely trip. P.S. to the reviewer Alaskankiwis - how can you give a rating of 5 and then complain about wanting a deck, a dock, and more help in a cafe? There are plenty of places here that will give you water access - it's nice to have at least one that is just a quiet lake. (And there were many docks over on the campsite grounds where you can launch a kayak.)

Room Tip: All the cabins were private and quiet. Despite a full weekend, we never heard another person and fou...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Just a super friendly fun place to stay with cute cozy Alaskan lodge rooms! I'd suggest building a bigger deck to enjoy the lake views and access to put in kayaks or a dock. Manager was so nice and accommodating. The cafe was too busy for only two employees though. Thank you for a lovely break from the hustle and bustle of city life!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Summit Lake Lodge is at the center of Alaska's playground at the center of Kenai Peninsula. Summit Lake Lodge is family owned and operated and their cabins are as clean as some of the finest rooms I've stayed in Las Vegas. One feels and are treated like they are at home after a long day adventuring in Alaska by a husband and wife who really understand business. These proprietors personally take the time to serve you a coffee and give you all the details of your day's trip every morning during breakfest. I even accidently overpaid one day and they credited my account before I knew what I did. I had the time of my life and have never left a recommend of any hotel/lodge before, however I recommed Summit Lake Lodge as if it's owned by my best friend. You will not be dissappointed, my new basecamp in Alaska will forever be Summit Lake Lodge

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kenny S
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is place is EXCELLENT !!!! It was so lovely, clean and warm. It's awesome, our cabin was to die for; I mean it was that good. It was quiet and to us it was rustic; but very lovely. We hated to leave and came to expect other places to be the same quality.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
#1 of 3 in Moose Pass
Midnight Sun Log Cabins
Midnight Sun Log Cabins
#3 of 3 in Moose Pass

Been to Summit Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!