“Excellent place to stay”
Review of Metlakatla Hotel

Metlakatla Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Metlakatla
Metlakatla Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Metlakatla
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are impeccably decorated, very comfortable and private. The owners take very good care of their guests and cook a delicious breakfast, too. The Inn is right near the center of Metlakatla - walking distance to everything.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Dale and Edith are wonder people all the rooms are newly remodeled with beautiful modern-day amenities. One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Rooms have everything you need. breakfast and dinner everyday. Fresh home cooked meals everyday, best food in metlakatla I ate better than I do at home. The town is also awesome friendly people. My hand got tired because everyone waves at you and greets you with a smile and metlakatla has the only casino in alaska. The pictures do not do this hotel justice. Frist time I ever seen a keurig in a hotel before. All and all I have nothing bad to say about this place.

Room Tip: Any room will do
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have stayed twice at the Inn. I love the detail of the granite top furniture. You stay in a beautiful sled style bed. Instead of a small pre-packaged coffee maker, you get your own Keurig coffee maker. For Alaska and the cost of having items shipped, this is an oasis.

For a minimal cost you can have a homemade breakfast or dinner. Almost like a B&B only more private. Dale the owner is great and his son who is managing Jeff.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed here visiting some friends. Clean, comfortable bed, refrigerator, microwave, internet and Direct TV. Room was lovely with very nice details--new wood floors, marble countertops, awesome shower and (as noted by others) a Keurig in the room. Transportation provided to and from the ferry terminal. Dale and Jeff are excellent hosts.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I decided to stay overnight in Metlakatla rather than returning to Ketchikan for the night based on the reviews I had seen here. I am very glad I did! It is absolutely charming. The room had all the comforts of home and more. I have to try to find a bath mat like the one in the tub, and the shower head, nicer than any I have ever seen and found in this little community in a family hotel; not some fancy big downtown place.
DVD's available, fridge and microwave, wifi.
I hope to return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Shawnswife3
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed there from 6\24 through 6/27. The owner Dale was very helpful in picking me up from the ferry dock and dropping me off again when it was time to leave. The room I stayed in was very nicely decorated and clean. The night before I was to leave Dale arranged to have dinner prepared and delivered to my room for me. Nice touch. The restaurant hours can be flexible, so arrange your meal reservations the night before.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was so impressed with the hospitality and warm, welcoming atmosphere! The rooms are extremely comfortable, complete with comfy tempurpedic beds and warm cozy comforters. All the the amenities you would find at home. They have thought of everything! Flat screen tv, Kuerig coffee makers and the decor is amazing! Newly remodeled rooms and nice furnishings! Food was also very good. Made our stay in Metlakatla very nice. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vicky S

Been to Metlakatla Hotel? Share your experiences!