“OK for Kodiak”

Shelikof Lodge
Shelikof Lodge
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kodiak Island
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Nice hotel with very clean rooms. The rooms are probably small for American standards, but they were OK for me. You have free wife, coffee 24h, laundry, bar and restaurant. The staff is friendly but not very helpful. Since I had to stay here a few days due to an emergency that I had I thought as well I might do a tour. I was not looking for anything fancy, just a one or two hour road tour to see the surroundings of Kodiak. The girl at the reception desk was not able to help me out. I know it was the beginning of the season and most tour operators were closed, but the girl seemed over whelmed with my question. Or perhaps I was just disturbing her while reading in her kindle. Who knows? The restaurant is average and they have quite a large menu. To much deep fry for my taste, but it was OK. Overall, I would recommend this place as it has a very good location too. Make sure that you are leaving your room early enough so Housekeeping is able to do the room. I was told that if I kept leaving my room that late they were not able to clean it up. I was wondering if I had to arrange my day schedule around Housekeeping now and who the customer here was.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The accommodations were comfortable and very clean. I've stayed here before and it seems that the restaurant has stepped it up a couple of levels. The room service was great. The outside of the Lodge is beautifully done. Great curb side.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Karen J
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Have stayed there 8 years in a row, but this year improvements, restaurant and staff were better than ever!! Rooms were clean, large towels, comfortable beds and always hot coffee in a cool place like Kodiak. Not a Marriot, but for $110 a night for two, very nice and cost effective.
My home is in Miami Lakes Florida

Room Tip: Great home cooking and the most reasonable prices in Kodiak
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Paul L
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Rude front desk, the rooms are old, outdated and smelly. But hey, thats Kodiak for you. They are pet friendly so thats an extra star for me.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Caleb B
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Our facility has recently been remodeled inside and out with many improvements.Please consider our hotel, restaurant & lounge again in the future--I know you will be impressed. Thank you.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed here at the beginning and end of my Katmai Coastal Bear tour in August 2011. The staff was very helpfu and happily accommodated the uncertainty that is inevitiable with a bear tour in which the tour company might fly you to the tour boat a day late or a day early. I stayed in two different rooms; both were very comfortable and clean. It's not the Best Western, but the prices are much cheaper, the location is good, and it had everything I needed. Plus, they have free shuttle service to and from the airport.

Room Tip: If available, ask for a room at the end of a hall. I had one at the top of the staircase, and it wa...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank BearWatcher123
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Stayed overnight during a fishing trip. Place was clean and staff accomodating. Took care of our fish (placed in freezer ) and free transportation to airport. Resturant food was good and prices very reasonable for Alaska.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jerrymen
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Multi-night stay. Mold on back of shower mat. One small soap bar may be enough to move between shower and sink, but most hotels provide at least two. No hair dryer. Trash not emptied. Lights in room cannot be turned off from bed. Must get up to go to switch. Hot room. Internet works. No continental breakfast. No guest laundry. Parking across street. Restaurant prices are good. Food was fine. Would likely go to the restaurant again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business