“Good Enough for my Trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn Kodiak

and 1 more site!
Comfort Inn Kodiak
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Kodiak Island
Rescue, CA
“Good Enough for my Trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

The hotel is old and right next to the airport - you can walk across the rental car parking lot and you're at the hotel. We did not hear the airport, so there weren't issues there. The breakfast was good and quite unexpected. We thought bagels and coffee, but it was much more. Hot scrambled eggs with cheese, corned beef and hash, hard boiled eggs, and yogurt. Lots more than we thought. The staff was very friendly and took great care of us. We were only there for 2 nights, so we didn't need much. The only complaint we had was the walls were very thin. The people in the room next to us were very loud and we finally had to complain at 1:30 a.m. The noise subsided and we were fine. It was good enough for our short trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shanaka99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

Recently had a business trip to Kodiak. Naturally, it was during a terrible snow storm. The hotel was excellent. They are upgrading all the rooms and mine was beautiful. The hotel is clean, no smells, very service minded staff and affordable. This hotel is right by the airport. It is about a 10 minute drive to the center of town, but beautifu sites along the way. The parking is excellent, not like the other hotel in town, where you park on the street. The second night I was there the owner of the resturant closed due to weather. The hotel staff went back into the kitchen and found me something good to eat. The next night it was again closed due to a terrible snow storm and they made arrangments to make a pizza for me in the bar. I will always staff at this hotel when in Kodiakl!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CWttown
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

Decent, updated hotel rooms but they need to get new TVs, great breakfast in the mornings, much better than the Best Western in downtown Kodiak, great location right near the airport, good restaurant and bar located inside the hotel, the internet was actually really quick for Alaska, the rooms do have a mini-fridge and microwave, which is a really nice touch, overall a good choice for a hotel in Alaska

Room Tip: get a room on the backside of the hotel, so you don't hear all the cars parking in the parking l...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

I am a repeat customer to the Comfort (Buskin) Inn. The Management & Staff are fantastic folk, down to earth, and wanting to make you feel at home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, which I have done on several occasions with co-workers. The rooms are large with both a refrigerator and microwave, and of course a TV.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side, depending on the time of year (cool/Cold), it may be quieter.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Kodiak Island, Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I had the displeasure of staying at this hotel in June 2011. We only stayed at this hotel because they accepted pets, however, they DO NOT ACCEPT CATS! I found it quite absurd that they accepted barking dogs but no cats. The walls were paper thin and when the people staying in the next room opened and closed their door, the walls would literally shake. There was a family with children staying above my first floor room and their child stomped across the floor non-stop the entire time. It was an awful experience. I would not suggest anyone ever staying at this hotel. The complimentary breakfast was ok, except for the expired refriderated products (yogurt, milk, etc). Overall this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at but I'm not sure that any of the other hotels on the islad are any better.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank cam f
Westbury, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights for work on Kodiak and though it seems to be an older hotel, I was very pleased with all aspects of my stay. Keeping in mind that it's Alaska AND it's an island, I found the rates to be what I'd expect, especially for summer. The room was clean and comfortable, had a mini fridge, nice sized bathroom, and a fan (which was helpful since the room got very warm by evening when I got back). The staff was friendly and helpful - I was able to get change for laundry and they threw in laundry soap for free. It's right across from the airport but I really didn't notice any noise from planes; it is about a 10-15 minute drive to town but it wasn't a big deal (there isn't enough traffic to even make this an issue). Also, the bed was very comfortable and the decor in the room was nice.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jenny H
sherwood, ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Kodiak for two days after leaving "Bear Camp" early due to illness. Although I felt horrible, the entire staff helped me feel better by taking care of my needs. Not only did they go to the store for me, they went out of thier way to make me a very nice lunch. I would highly recommend the Comfort Inn Kodiak. Please tell Kelly I said, "Hi". Rob Miller, Sherwood, Ohio.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank kodiakbearcamp

Been to Comfort Inn Kodiak? Share your experiences!