“Terrible, Old, paper thin walls”
Review of Comfort Inn Kodiak

and 1 more site!
Comfort Inn Kodiak
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Kodiak Island
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I had the displeasure of staying at this hotel in June 2011. We only stayed at this hotel because they accepted pets, however, they DO NOT ACCEPT CATS! I found it quite absurd that they accepted barking dogs but no cats. The walls were paper thin and when the people staying in the next room opened and closed their door, the walls would literally shake. There was a family with children staying above my first floor room and their child stomped across the floor non-stop the entire time. It was an awful experience. I would not suggest anyone ever staying at this hotel. The complimentary breakfast was ok, except for the expired refriderated products (yogurt, milk, etc). Overall this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at but I'm not sure that any of the other hotels on the islad are any better.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank cam f

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights for work on Kodiak and though it seems to be an older hotel, I was very pleased with all aspects of my stay. Keeping in mind that it's Alaska AND it's an island, I found the rates to be what I'd expect, especially for summer. The room was clean and comfortable, had a mini fridge, nice sized bathroom, and a fan (which was helpful since the room got very warm by evening when I got back). The staff was friendly and helpful - I was able to get change for laundry and they threw in laundry soap for free. It's right across from the airport but I really didn't notice any noise from planes; it is about a 10-15 minute drive to town but it wasn't a big deal (there isn't enough traffic to even make this an issue). Also, the bed was very comfortable and the decor in the room was nice.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jenny H
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Kodiak for two days after leaving "Bear Camp" early due to illness. Although I felt horrible, the entire staff helped me feel better by taking care of my needs. Not only did they go to the store for me, they went out of thier way to make me a very nice lunch. I would highly recommend the Comfort Inn Kodiak. Please tell Kelly I said, "Hi". Rob Miller, Sherwood, Ohio.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank kodiakbearcamp
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Have stayed here several times. Always a pleasant experience. Great complementry breakfast. Handy location (walking distance) from the Kodiak airport. Very helpful staff. Had issue with TSA when flying out (missed an expensive custom made hunting knife in pack) and the staff kindly took my knife and shipped it back to me in Colorado. Grateful for their help! Plus, the Buskin River - teeming with salmon - runs right behind the hotel. Had a brown bear peer over the deck while having breakfast. Very exhilerating! Not for the faint of heart - but hey - this is why we come to Alaska, right!
Oh yes, and their halibut fish & chips are to die for!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank bwanajames90
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn twice. Once in September of 2010 and once in September of 2007. In both cases the purpose of the trip was to fish for Silver Salmon from the Kodiak road system. One of the great advantages to the Comfort Inn is that it is adjacent to the Buskin River, one of the best rivers for silvers and Dolly Varden Trout. It is very nice to be able to put on your waders and walk to the water!

The staff is friendly and accomadating. Somehow we got booked into a smoking room from the Comfort Inn Website. The hotel was completely full. However, knowing that one of the incoming guests, booked to a non-smoking room, was really a smoker they were able to put us in a non smoking room after one night.

The "continental" breakfast is pretty good. The is a good choice of hot and cold foods. Enough to fill us up for a day of fishing.

The best deal in the restaurant in the evening is a large pizza. Enough for 4. If split between two, it is enough for lunch on the river the next day.

A note to everyone. Kodiak is an island. In Alaska. Things in Alaska are more exspensive than in the lower 48. Kodiak is a one hour flight or a 30 hour ferry ride from mainland Alaska. Things are more exspensive in Kodiak.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank mtipton
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We stayed one night, August 19th and had planned to stay two. It is located next to airport and you need a car to get to see/experience anything. This Hotel should not charge $180....that is crazy....BUT had to, since I have never been to Kodiak and need to start somewhere. Bad Mistake. Best Western was sold out...that is downtown and you could walk to ALL from there.

Airport shuttle is old blue van...but you can also walk to hotel....is two blocks away.

Staff was nice.

Free Breakfast was OK. Had to make own waffles (no directions on how), ran out of cream cheese for bagels and egg dish consisted of everything (sausage/hash/?/and ?). THIS, for a room rate of $180 ???

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrP58
Reviewed August 27, 2009

When we arrived in Kodiak we stayed in town at the Best Western. Wish now that we had stayed at the Comfort Inn and either paid the cabfare, or rented a car to explore the town.

The hotel is clean, well cared for, and comfortable. Didn't notice any noise from the airport, which is in walking distance. The staff is GREAT! They don't have a guest computer for internet use, but the lady at the front desk was more than accommodating when I asked about a computer to confirm my plane reservations. She did it for me!

The continental breakfast in their restuarant was excellent. The restuarant serves good meals in the evenings--if quite pricey, as are all things on Kodiak Island. I guess when all supplies come in by plane or by boat, you have to expect prices to be higher.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple