“"Dreams come true!"”

Kodiak Adventures Lodge Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Kodiak Adventures lodge is a remote fishing and hunting destination.We offer 3-6 day trips to remote Kodiak Island, AlaskaWildlife veiwing includes,Brown bears and whales along with lots of birding to be done. Our hunting oportunities are Blacktail deer,goats and sea ducks.
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We spent 5 days at the lodge with Larry and Shelly and their boys and had an exciting experience.Fishing for halibut and other fish species was great. Larry did everything we wished and brought us to the places where we could see humpback whales and orcas, seabirds, seals and brown bears. The Carroll family are the perfect host, lodging was comfortable and the food excellent! I have been to many lodges in Alaska and Canada, this was just the best!
Hope to be back, thanks a lot!

1  Thank Reto G
larry C, Owner at Kodiak Adventures Lodge Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

We enjoy sharing Kodiak and the beauty of Kiliuda Bay with our guests. It truly is a spectacular place. The Orcas really put on a show during your stay. We look forward to your next visit with Kodiak Adventures Lodge.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Beautiful location, clean lodge, excellent food, big fish, nice people. What more do you want? If this is your first trip to Alaska or one of many you will be glad you stayed at Kodiak Adventures Lodge.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This trip truly was a getaway for us. I still can't believe we had five incredible days with such beautiful scenery and the peace and quiet that comes from being removed from the hustle and bustle of work and our daily lives. The cool weather was very enjoyable and after returning to the 100-degree heat of Texas I seriously considered asking the Carrolls to adopt me even if just for the summers! All of the Carroll family members were very accommodating and we lacked nothing for our stay at the lodge or for the fishing expeditions. Larry was very patient with me as a non-fisher and provided an excellant guide to the wildlife wonders we witnessed. Shelley provided a new and over-the-top menu with each meal and snack and I had to refuse some of the tasty offerings not because I didn't want them but because I feared I would be "too fat to fly" like the puffins we had seen. We planned this trip for our 30th anniversary and Shelley prepared an excellant carrot cake decorated for our anniversary for our last evening with them. There is always a sense of uncertainty when traveling to such a remote and unfamiliar place but the Carrolls were so knowledgeable and had so much expertise for guiding and hosting that we were able to thoroughly enjoy every minute of our trip. Marilyn and Del Gatlin

The Gatlins were repeat guests and we were honored that they choose Kodiak Adventures Lodge as their destination for their anniversary getaway. We have had many guests come and celebrate special occasions like,birthdays, anniversaries, retirements, and even a wedding. We love to help make them special and it is as much a pleasure for us as it is for them. This one was a lot of fun.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Larry, Shelly and the boys provide an amazing experience customized for the maximum client experience. From the moment we arrived via float plane, we felt welcome. The weather was gorgeous, fishing was fun and productive even though we are greenhorns when it comes to fishing. The food is out of this world; Shelly is a gourmet cook that makes some amazing meals including awesome fresh sushi. We never dreamed we would eat that well being at a remote lodge. Larry and the boys made sure we had productive fishing while having fun. Larry definately knows the area as he took us to catch our limit of rockfish in about 20 minutes. We caught some nice halibut (40, 50 & 60 pounders) and salmon (silvers and king) even catching a white-meat king. We only had 3 days of fishing, but came home with a freezer full. We saw whales every day and lots of other wildlife. Definately recommend and we will be back again.

Whether a world class fisherman or new to fishing in Alaska, we enjoy sharing our love of fishing and the great outdoors. Always striving to make the experience memorable and somewere they would return to.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My week in Kodiak was all that I ever hoped it would be or could ever expect. The hospitality of the people of the region ie: float plane, hotel, restaurants, airport, was truly something to recognize. Larry & Shelly only enhanced that feeling. For those who have had small horizons this truly is something to behold. The plane ride to the lodge was over a panoramic ocean view, the sights were breath taking, landing at the lodge that first day my expectations of having an experience unto my own became more obvious, the size & beauty of the area. We did fully disconnect from the grid and it was WONDERULL! The surroundings of the lodge were amazing & and are beyond words. The accommodations were exceptional, at no point did I feel the lack of anything. The boat, the food, the camaraderie and the interaction with a family that genuinely likes where they are and what they do was amazing. The days on the water with Larry and either one of the boys were experiences themselves. I came away from this time in my life cherishing all of my memories. I caught 12 different varieties of fish, saw humpback whales, dolphins, eagles, bears, & deer and have a deeper appreciation for the things I truly do love.Wild does exist.