Kodiak Adventures Lodge Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Kodiak Adventures lodge is a remote fishing and hunting destination.We offer 3-6 day trips to remote Kodiak Island, AlaskaWildlife veiwing includes,Brown bears and whales along with lots of birding to be done. Our hunting oportunities are Blacktail deer,goats and sea ducks.
Cromwell, MN
“Skrbec”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Larry, Shelly and the boys provide an amazing experience customized for the maximum client experience. From the moment we arrived via float plane, we felt welcome. The weather was gorgeous, fishing was fun and productive even though we are greenhorns when it comes to fishing. The food is out of this world; Shelly is a gourmet cook that makes some amazing meals including awesome fresh sushi. We never dreamed we would eat that well being at a remote lodge. Larry and the boys made sure we had productive fishing while having fun. Larry definately knows the area as he took us to catch our limit of rockfish in about 20 minutes. We caught some nice halibut (40, 50 & 60 pounders) and salmon (silvers and king) even catching a white-meat king. We only had 3 days of fishing, but came home with a freezer full. We saw whales every day and lots of other wildlife. Definately recommend and we will be back again.

Visited August 2012
larry C, Owner at Kodiak Adventures Lodge Fishing Charters, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Whether a world class fisherman or new to fishing in Alaska, we enjoy sharing our love of fishing and the great outdoors. Always striving to make the experience memorable and somewere they would return to.

Longview, Washington, United States
“Sven's dream”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My week in Kodiak was all that I ever hoped it would be or could ever expect. The hospitality of the people of the region ie: float plane, hotel, restaurants, airport, was truly something to recognize. Larry & Shelly only enhanced that feeling. For those who have had small horizons this truly is something to behold. The plane ride to the lodge was over a panoramic ocean view, the sights were breath taking, landing at the lodge that first day my expectations of having an experience unto my own became more obvious, the size & beauty of the area. We did fully disconnect from the grid and it was WONDERULL! The surroundings of the lodge were amazing & and are beyond words. The accommodations were exceptional, at no point did I feel the lack of anything. The boat, the food, the camaraderie and the interaction with a family that genuinely likes where they are and what they do was amazing. The days on the water with Larry and either one of the boys were experiences themselves. I came away from this time in my life cherishing all of my memories. I caught 12 different varieties of fish, saw humpback whales, dolphins, eagles, bears, & deer and have a deeper appreciation for the things I truly do love.Wild does exist.

Houston, Texas
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 174 helpful votes
“Second time better than the first”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Larry Carroll and his family (wife Shelley and sons James and Samuel) provide a one-of-a-kind life experience in Kiliuda Bay in Kodiak, Alaska. You arrive to the lodge by float plane from Kodiak City which is a tremendous experience in itself. Larry allows you to put together your own program of activities which for us included full days of bay, stream and ocean fishing as well as hiking activities. You can also fish right in front of the lodge anytime and you will catch something. We fished for halibut (I landed a 87 pounder), salmon (lots of Pink when we went in the 3rd week of August and some King) and rockfish. Larry knows a great spot for the rockfish where you will be catching them on the way down. The pinks were going crazy. there were times where you could see 20 leaping out of the bay at once. You will see lots of wildlife including the magnificent and enormous Kodiak bears. Listen to Larry when they appear! You will also see whales, seals, deer, mountain goats, fox and more.

The Carrolls are outstanding hosts. Larry is an experienced outdoorsman who knows where to find 'em and how to handle all levels of fishing proficiency. My son was just learning and Larry and he developed a nice bond over the week we were there. Shelley does a fantastic job of varying the menu for breakfast, packed lunches and dinner. Always something new and delicious. We went for a week last year and I don't think she repeated a single menu item. The Carroll sons are young but also experienced guides. They are also intelligent, polite, interesting young men.

The lodge is comfortable and equipped with internet (no phone and no cell phone reception). You are 26 miles from the next nearest human being. The rooms are clean and functional and better than most wilderness lodges offer.

We went as a party of six my father, my son and me and my business partner and his dad and son. The multigenerational crowd was kept occupied and happy. That is saying a lot right there!

Boerne, TX
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Multi-Generational Return Trip”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

After a fantastic experience in 2011, my business partner and I returned this summer and brought both our fathers and teenage sons for a week of fishing. The weather wasn't great, but the fishing and the hospitality were outstanding. Larry, Shelly and the boys were wonderful hosts. It is so different fishing and staying with the owners of the lodge. Tremendous flexibility and lots of fun. Can't wait to return next year.

Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Family Trip”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My father, brother, and I visited mid-June 2012. The trip starts with a nice Beaver float plane ride to the lodge. The scenery and isolation are worth the trip alone. The hike/climb to the summit behind the lodge is an interesting way to stretch one's legs (caution-it's steeper, longer, and bushier than it looks!).The lodge, rooms, and boat are clean and comfortable. Larry, Shelly, and Sam were great hosts. The fishing is within minutes of the lodge. The water is like being on a lake, it's that calm. We caught Kings, Halibut, and Cod. I just feel really bad for catching the BIGGEST King (45#), sorry dad and bro. The fish were packaged and boxed with care for the flight home. Shelly does a great job with the meals, especially the appetizers. Bottom line, the Carroll family works really hard at pleasing their guests.

Sincere Thanks and No Exceptions,