“What a great place to stay!”
Review of Olds River Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kodiak Island
Olds River Inn
“What a great place to stay!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Olds River Inn is a step above any place I have stayed on Kodiak. Mind you it's not a motel with daily maid service but it's your home away from home. It's a place that you feel welcomed and it has all the things that our group of 9 needed for our 9 day stay. The one thing I enjoyed every day was the view from the back deck. It was sunny, yes sunny, most of the days we were there and so the view was unobstructed. I can't wait for a return visit.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank AlaskaCrazed

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here a week and the cabin was comfortable. Beds were cozy and comfy. The kitchen was well stocked with everything we would need to make ourselves at home. Being on vacation I did enjoy being able to take a break from restaurants and do some cooking. The only thing that was a bummer was I forgot my hair dryer because I figured they would supply one. They did not so I had to wear my hair curly for that week. The laundry facility was clean and nice. We ate dinner in the restaurant one night and the food was amazing. People were super friendly and good service. We will definitely stay here again the next time we go to Kodiak. Thank you Olds River Inn for making our time in Kodiak a very comfortable and enjoyable one.

• Stayed August 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was my second visit and I was delighted to find it was just as great a year on as when it was new. The owners are extremely helpful and angler friendly. The interconnecting suites are very useful when you are a big party (we were 6). Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Tigard, Oregon
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Very nice rooms with everything we needed. The location is far from town but that is what we wanted. Nice access to beaches and rivers nearby.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank FHSwillamette
Bristow, Virginia
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Stayed there during the first week of September and even thought the weather was typical, the room was great and bigger than any hotel room I've stayed in. The new restaurant was excellent and I highly recommend it. They had this wonderful cannelloni dish that was out of this world. I'm originally from New York and I know Italian food and this was definitely one of the best. Fred and Mary own both the restaurant and the cabins and they have really done a great job. Bravo!!!!

Room Tip: No tips other than if you don't want to eat at the restaurant, buy groceries and eat in the room...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Jwnevin
Long Beach, California
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We just by chance stopped in to eat a late lunch and were so pleased to find such a beautiful restaurant that had only been open 2 weeks. Although right now the menu is rather limited as they get going - the food was very good and the homemade pie was yummy! The hosts were very helpful and friendly. We will look forward to going back.
Doug and Diane
Long Beach, CA

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DougandDiane
Hayward, California
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My 1st trip to Kodiak was fantastic. Cabins and restaurant were brand new and clean. Food was excellent. Plenty of fishing ammenities with cleaning station and freezer. Fishing was the best i have seen in my life. Plenty of salmon, Dolly Vardens etc. Fred and Mary were the most gracious of hosts. I will not hesitate to return.

Dave Finato