Best Western Kodiak Inn And Convention Center
Comfort Inn Kodiak(Kodiak Island)
$159
Shelikof Lodge(Kodiak Island)(Great Value!)
$140
Priceline
All reviewshunting tripchart roomeasy walking distanceplace to stayfree breakfast isrooms are cleanwould highly recommend this hotelfishing boatsfront desk staffplenty of hot waterbit datedbald eaglesfree shuttleconvenient locationrental carno elevatorstayed nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2009

My wife and I stayed here two times recently and have stayed here on previous occasions when we go to Kodiak Island. The rooms are good but the staff were excellent and it is in a very good location. The complimentary breakfasts are very good. We shall continue to stay here when we visit Kodiak in the future.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Upon check-in the person ahead of us was having trouble with a confirmed reservation not being in their computer. Our room was on the third floor and the elevator only went to the second floor--not so bad if you don't have heavy luggage, but we did. The room was less than clean. When I was looking for an electrical outlet to plug in a battery recharger I noticed an old apple behind the TV console. I would have to rate the room shabby at best. The topper was when they gave someone else a keycard to our room and a man walked into our room at about 10:30 at night. Fortunately, he was another guest who was as embarrassed as I was alarmed. I now know why there's a security lock on those doors. Apparently they had checked us out of the hotel that day in their computer. The breakfast was so-so. Their internet site states that they have a "harbor view"--what it doesn't say is that that view is partially obstructed by the rooftop of a building between the hotel and the harbor. Of course, when you're one of only two hotels in town I guess you don't have to try too hard.

Our primary reason for staying here was that we had an extra day in Kodiak and wanted to explore the town without having to rent a car. If we had it to do over again we'd probably stay at the Comfort Inn at the airport and take the shuttle to town, or rent a car.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EagleGal
Reviewed June 14, 2009

This is said to be the "best in town", but it leaves a lot to be desired. I got a room on the third floor of the "new" wing, but they didn't say when it was new. The 80's by my guess. The disappointment started when I discovered that the elevator only went to the second floor. I then had to go down several stairs, up several stairs, down a short hallway, and then up a long flight of stairs to a long hallway to my room...all while dragging luggage.
Upon entering, I found that the room had only been given a cursory once over by the maid service. The bathroom was filthy and unsanitary...new towels, so I knew the maid had been in, but the tub, sink, and toilet had obviously not been touched by the maid. The "Murphy" bed was another surprise.
After spending some time in the area, I found out that the "K I", as they call it, doesn't have a good reputation among the locals, especially for the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Heywoodya
Reviewed March 24, 2009

I was very impressed at everything the Kodiak Inn had to offer. The restaurant served excellent food. The amenities in the room as well as available to guests were great compared to other similarly priced hotels I've stayed at in Alaska. There was a power outage during the night, and my alarm clock had battery back up! I didn't over-sleep as many of my colleagues did. The breakfast room has an outstanding view, hot gravy and biscuits, and great coffee!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Spent one night in Kodiak and booked this hotel through Costco travel.

The shuttle picked us up from the airport and even though we arrived before check-in, the front desk allowed us to check in early. It probably helped that it is off season.

The room was on the second floor, and was clean with new-looking carpet. The bed was so comfortable! The breakfast buffet was so-so - I enjoyed the toast and orange juice more than the eggs and breakfast meat.

We didn't eat at the restaurant for dinner - it was Valentine's day and they were booked. But other restaurants are in easy walking distance.

We did enjoy the hot tub, located outside in a enclosed gazebo and made use of the business center to check in for our return flight and print boarding passes.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple