“We Couldn't Wait To Come Back”

Kodiak Hana Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Formerly served as Old Powerhouse Restaurant, now we serve seafood, Sushi and other Japanese dishes, and stakes. We are locating on water. Come and enjoy our dishes and view.
Reviewed August 9, 2015

Last year we were in Kodiak waiting to go out to Katmai for a stay on Kittywake photographing bears. That's when we discovered this magic eatery right on the harbour.
Joon and the team welcomed us back again as our team of picsters had been dreaming of the Alaskan crab for 12 months.
The menu is extensive and a combination of Asian and seafood dishes. I'm missing the place as I write.

OldPowerhouseKodiak, Director of Sales at Kodiak Hana Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Thanks a lot for your great review of our restaurant. May I post your review on our website?

Reviewed August 5, 2015

Great food, well presented, friendly service. Not noisy, lovely views. A calm place to relax, talk and enjoy a meal.

Reviewed August 3, 2015

I ate at the PowerHouse twice this week and may go back one more time. I think that it is the best restaurant in Kodiak. It has a great menu selection. I had scallops and shrimp for one dinner (highly recommend this dish) and halibut for another (was also very good). This is a place to go if you want to enjoy a long dinner and you are not in a hurry. The service is good, but the meals take a long time to come out.

Reviewed August 1, 2015

Great water views from almost every seat. Good sushi but a little on the expensive side, even for Kodiak. Great seaweed salad/slaw and cucumber rolls. Service slow and unresponsive, very typical for Kodiak.

Reviewed July 29, 2015 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us by every local that I asked. My mom and I ate here several times during our week visit because the food was so good, the service was excellent, and the location is great right on the water. The staff here really work hard to be friendly, accommodating, and take pride in their work. Don't miss this restaurant!