“Most enjoyable, healthy food”

Powerhouse Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2015

Great food, well presented, friendly service. Not noisy, lovely views. A calm place to relax, talk and enjoy a meal.

Date of visit: July 2015
OldPowerhouseKodiak, Director of Sales at Powerhouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Thanks a lot for your great review of our restaurant. May I post your review on our website?

Write a reviewReviews (233)

Reviewed August 3, 2015

I ate at the PowerHouse twice this week and may go back one more time. I think that it is the best restaurant in Kodiak. It has a great menu selection. I had scallops and shrimp for one dinner (highly recommend this dish) and halibut for another (was also very good). This is a place to go if you want to enjoy a long dinner and you are not in a hurry. The service is good, but the meals take a long time to come out.

Date of visit: August 2015

Reviewed August 1, 2015

Great water views from almost every seat. Good sushi but a little on the expensive side, even for Kodiak. Great seaweed salad/slaw and cucumber rolls. Service slow and unresponsive, very typical for Kodiak.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed July 29, 2015 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us by every local that I asked. My mom and I ate here several times during our week visit because the food was so good, the service was excellent, and the location is great right on the water. The staff here really work hard to be friendly, accommodating, and take pride in their work. Don't miss this restaurant!

Reviewed July 26, 2015

Great location with views to the river. Mixed menu with Japanese influence.
Generous portions for courses. I had the teriyaki chicken and rice and was pleasantly surprised. It was tasty and presented beautifully. Others in my group all had beautifully presented dishes and all were satisfied.
Highly recommended