“Great food!”

Kodiak Hana Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Formerly served as Old Powerhouse Restaurant, now we serve seafood, Sushi and other Japanese dishes, and stakes. We are locating on water. Come and enjoy our dishes and view.
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Obviously popular with local folks...we really enjoyed it! Lots of interesting choices! We were there on a Friday night and the staff was struggling a bit to keep up, but they were polite and kept us informed.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

popped in after a charter fishing trip for some sushi on the recommendation of our charter captain…great call! good beers, sushi and service on the deck. if you want sushi in Kodiak, this is the place to go!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I'll be straight with you. - Kodiak isn't exactly a restaurant mecca. I've lived here for about a year due to a Coast Guard transfer, and I'll tell ya right now the restaurant selection here is meh. You're really better off cooking at home!

But, the Powerhouse is one I've visited over and over. The food is much better than most of the other options in town, and it's more than just sushi. - The menu has a nice variety, and they have great lunch specials. I'm a fan of their bento box lunches and sushi rolls. Try the Coastie roll special - Can't go wrong with fried king crab! They also have a very tasty carrot/ginger salad dressing that I love and can't resist getting every time I go.

The location has a lovely view of the channel, and the decor inside is warm and welcoming. Staff is always very nice and attentive. (Sometimes they get very busy and service can be on the slow side, though) Along with Java Flats and the Buskin Bistro, Powerhouse is one of my Kodiak recommendations in this land of mediocre - at best - restaurants!

1  Thank Pugga74
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Perhaps we hit the place on an off day, but the service was awfully slow for the dining room only being half full. But regardless, we were happy when the main courses came. Both the Fisherman's Platter and the Shrimp Tempura were excellent. Avoid the clam chowder though. It tasted like it came from a can.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our B&B hosts said it was a must try so we did. Not only is it crazy busy but we thought the food was only average for the price. The portions were decent as we were able to have leftovers but I would not go out of my way for the food.