“Stay anywhere else!”
Review of Super 8 Ketchikan

Super 8 Ketchikan
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Ketchikan
Reviewed September 6, 2007

My family stayed in Room 402 and the cleaning person, or someone with access to the room, took a brand new jacket off the sofa on September 1, 2007. The manager Kerry Anderson was not available on that day, but when reached by phone, he said no lost items were entered into the lost and found, so we are out of luck. He probably treats the staff as poorly as the customers. Your room is NOT secure at the Super 8. Don't leave anything of value in the room.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family

Reviewed August 24, 2007

Management was flawless, room was flawless, great DSL speed, and the corner room over the water was worth the extra $$.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2007

Alaska Airline placed me there after my flight to Wrangel got cancelled because of the weather conditions.

Pros:
Check-in was smooth.
safe with the key in the room
breakfast is included (but it was very simple - cerial, oatmil, coffe)

Cons:
Carpet in the room was sticky
Stains on the walls
Bathroom had hair in the tub (so i didn't shower)

I cannot comment on the price since i didn't have to pay for it.

bottom line - i would not stay there if i'd have to pay for it out of my own pocket.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2007

Absolutely horrible. DO NOT STAY HERE. I have never been more mistreated by a service person than I was by Kerry Anderson (manager). I requested my pet deposit of $10 back because the room was not clean, trash was not taken out, non-smoking room smelled of strong smoke as the night went on and in the end he did not refund my deposit but added $40 to my bill when it showed up on my credit card. I have my receipt documenting the difference. I felt so sorry for the desk person when this manager got in my face and chewed me out telling me things he said he told me when he had not, everything he said was a complete lie. I had been very friendly about it but decided to say something because it was the third time we had stayed there since Christmas and every time it was terrible. We have regularly stayed at this hotel for 10 years but will not again. I lost my temper with Kerry, a first for me in 40 years of consuming products and services.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank SEAlaska104Alaska
Reviewed December 26, 2006

Most horrible experience I have ever had arrived at the airport called the hotel and the front desk person told me the hotel shuttel was free and they would be to the airport to pick me up..I had never been to Ketchikan before and had no idea that I was on a different island (gravina) waited one hour in the rain with two kids called the hotel back and they where very rude about telling me how to get to Ketchikan. Caught the ferry and waited another hour in the rain and wind just to be picked up by a rude drver. checked in hairs in the tub, urine on the toilet and could clearly tell the floor hadnt been cleaned in the bathroom. had to wait another hour for room to be remade because there where no other rooms available. many drunks and very loud fights and what not from the bar next door and kids screaming in the parking lot from 11pm till 2am. and to top it all off we all got bed bugs in all of our belongs and they only offered to wash our clothings and accused us of bringing the bed bugs. I will NEVER stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank trevorjoseph
Reviewed October 16, 2006

We have never had a problem with any Super 8 hotels we have stayed in, so we booked this one for our trip to Alaska.

We got off the airport ferry and called the front desk for the free shuttle and waited about 10 minutes for it to arrive. There was construction on Tongass Avenue so the trip back to the hotel was a little rough.

The hotel is about one mile from the cruise ships and shopping but it was an easy walk to downtown.

We used the free shuttle three times and each time had a different driver that was on-time, friendly, and talkative. We asked one of them where a good place to eat was and she suggested Annabelle's. It turned out to be a nice restaurant that serves great jumbo king crab legs.

Take note however, that this hotel is located on the water which is right on the air taxi "runway" for the air taxi floatplanes.

It did seem to be in a "fix up" mode but we can't complain about the conditions for only staying one night.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2006

Over-priced, very noisy, no amenities

• Stayed: August 2006