All reviews room was clean free downtown shuttle float planes coming and going basketball tournament without charge free breakfast awesome hotel showing its age big cruise ships checking in view of the water provided free early check grocery store airport ferry staff was very friendly and helpful raj
Reviewed November 12, 2017

This hotel is located conveniently to transport links and amenities, with great views but overall desperately needs updating to compete with other options in the area, especially with comparitively equal pricing. I was exceptionally dissapointed and only stayed one night. The tv had 11 working channels out of a listed 32, 8 of those were sports options I wouldn't be interested in. The capet was shabby and the furniture was old and battered.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Mohkam B, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Ketchikan, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

We are sorry to know that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our property is conveniently located with some of the best views in town. Our property is an older facility and after taking over it less than a year ago we have been able to update the rooms with new Televisions, microwaves, fridges and beds. We are planning to bring lots of updates soon which includes new furniture. We apologize that some channels were not working in your room. We value our guests and their feedback and we hope that when you are in ketchikan you will give us another chance to show we are a nice place to stay

Reviewed September 29, 2017

The hotel could use some updating, but the staff was very responsive to my needs. Rooms are clean and I like the location. No need for cabs

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Management response:Responded October 5, 2017

We thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed the stay with us. Our staff will be very happy to know that you have appreciated their efforts. We will be doing some updates to our property very soon. We have the best waterfront location in Ketchikan. Once again we thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

while the hotel need a bad up date(paint, beds, furniture) we saw drugs begin sold through a down stairs window, no pictures on the walls, the ice machine didn't work , the elevator didn't work have to carry are item's up stairs, the free breakfast was cold cereal, weak coffee, instant oatmeal, toast or pastry . My son-in-law had blood on his pillow case. Love the view of all the ships coming in and close to town

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Management response:Responded September 14, 2017

Thank You for being our guest and we appreciate you giving your feedback about your stay. Our facility is in need of update. Last year we updated with new TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, beds etc. This year end we will be working on more updates including pictures. We have our elevator working now, we are sorry that nobody helped you with your luggage when the elevator was broken. We will make sure that all old sheets and pillow cases are removed. All guest comments are used to make improvements. We thank you again for being our guest and we hope that you will give us more opportunity to serve you as our guest in future.

Reviewed September 11, 2017

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Management response:Responded September 17, 2017

Reviewed September 7, 2017

Due to delayed flights, I would be forced to stay the night at the airport. Fortunately (or so I thought) I found this place had vacancies available and even though they are over priced I figured itd be worth it to sleep in a bed after a days worth of traveling. ...I was wrong. The night would have been a lot more pleasant at the airport and not to mention I would have saved almost $200!
First off, do not expect an airport shuttle. After you pay the taxi and arrive to the hotel, get ready to take the stairs. Even though the elevator is broken, I was not offered any assistance dragging my bags to the third floor. When I arrived to my room (315), I had no idea what I was walking into because the main light had apparently been burnt out. Once I made my way to the bed side lamp, I realize there was no tv remote, no cream/sugar/stir straws for the coffee machine, as well as scuffed up walls with dents. Heading to the bathroom, there was no soap either. And as the night progressed the hotter the room got and of course, the ac does not work. The icing on the cake was the hotel party being thrown just a few doors down and when brought to the attention of the front desk nothing changed.
Save yourself the money, hassle, and stress. The airport floor doesn't differ much from their beds.

Oh! I also attempted to call in to the main 800 number to bring all this to their attention (and ask for a refund), about a total of 4 times and have just been left on hold for 45+min. And yes I tried calling at different times of the day with no altering results. Poor establishment and poor customer service.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Management response:Responded September 21, 2017

We are so sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are sorry that shuttle was not available to pick you up. We do pay for airport cab in this situation. We are sorry that nobody helped you with your luggage. Our elevator is working now. We appreciate your feedback and we will use it to make sure that housekeeping tasks are improved. We are sorry that the hallway was noisy. We thank you for being our guest and we sure hope that when you return to our area that you would reconsider giving us another chance to show that we are a good place to stay.