“Orca Cove kayaking” 5 of 5 bubbles

$94.79*
and up
Ketchikan Kayaking Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Ketchikan's local kayak company. Sea kayak tours of Ketchikan, Orcas Cove and kayak/hike at Icehouse Cove. Small groups and fun, friendly guides. First time kayakers welcome!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
US
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Orca Cove kayaking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Just as others who have reviewed it have said, I cannot recommend this group highly enough. We were there on one of the most beautiful sunny days. We were the only two in our group! Brandon was knowledgeable and friendly, and more than patient with two over-50 novices. He helped us over some rough kayaking moments, took us into the most beautiful coves, shared lots of stories with us. Then the "snack" of smoked salmon was great; we bought a case of it to have shipped home! We saw many bald eagles, both in trees and flying, and lots of jumping salmon.

A beautiful day, and a beautiful trip!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Orca's Cove kayaking tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

My family of four (husband and I in our 50s, college age children) took the ORCA's COVE kayaking adventure with this company. Everyone working there was wonderfully friendly and helpful. We had six in our group which was excellent since the cruise excursions have many more. I checked this out way before we did this. Brandon was an excellent (and patient) guide.

On our 20 minute trip out to the "office" which was the Sea Spree, we got some great history and general information about the area. Gillian on our way out, her husband Greg on the way back. They were both very friendly and informative; they're the owners and I don't know if I'd have the patience and energy to deal with all of us tourists all summer long! They're probably so ready to wind down a bit from the season!

It was a great feeling to be almost sitting on the water, paddling around this beautiful and peaceful area. Even though it wasn't low tide, we saw star fish and Brandon got hold of one for my daughter to hold and examine. He also scooped up a moon jellyfish (too small to sting) and I got to hold and release it....oooo. Still one of my highlights of our Alaskan adventure!

I have never kayaked before and am not an athlete (I'm a plus size woman!) and we kayaked for hours and I did fine. It was worth every penny.

We saw a seal, bald eagle drying it's wings (interesting site) an eagle's nest, moon and Lion's mane jellyfish, star fish, old Native rock paintings, but mostly the beautiful scenery. Anything beyond the scenery and serenity of the area is just icing on the cake.

Visited August 2012
Ketchikankayaker, Owner at Southeast Sea Kayaks, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review and to post your beautiful pictures. We have been fortunate to have great weather and to meet so many wonderful people this summer. We really never get tired of meeting visitors and taking them kayaking: for us it's the best job in the world. I think you captured it with your picture of the kayaks at the Sea Spree at Orcas Cove - it's our favorite "office".
Port Orford, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kayaking with Charlie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

What a wonderful experience!! This was my first time kayaking and hopefully not my last. I just loved every minute of it. Our guide was a very knowledgeable young man...........Charlie. He not only made sure of our safety and the ins and outs of kayaking but shared various information about wildlife and other nature, bits about some of the local topics, as well as about Alaska in general. And since Charlie has lived in Alaska all his life, the sharing was thorough and so interesting. The day was beautiful which made everything just perfect. I recommend anyone visiting Ketchikan to take a few hours out and sign up for this great fun! You won't be sorry.

Travelers Rest, South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great family kayaking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went kayaking with a family of 6 including grandma, grandpa mom and dad and a 9 and 11 year old. Brendon was our guide and we had a fantastic kayaking experience. Booked it ourselves
instead of going with the cruise excursions. Would highly recommend using this company.
Would also highly recommend buying a case of smoked salmon from their website. The quality was superb and had all our friends back home wanting to order some as well.

Long Beach, California, United States
“Great kayak experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Was booked to go to Orca Cove on 8/27/12 but the seas were too choppy to get there. Logan met me and offered me the harbor tour. I am glad I went. What a great experience! It was Logan in her single plus myself and my partner for the ride Paula in a double. Being a small group that had kayak'd before, we were able to get after it pretty quickly and got to see a lot and learn a lot about Ketchikan and the surrounding area. A top rate company with an awesome guide!

Visited August 2012
Ketchikankayaker, Owner at Southeast Sea Kayaks, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
We are so glad that you enjoyed the Ketchikan Kayak trip with Logan, (we think she's a gem.) We do have some days where we can paddle in the more protected waters close to town but not at Orcas Cove and we always try to offer that option. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the shorter trip:)

Been to Southeast Sea Kayaks? Share your experiences!