Review Highlights
Day trip fishing with family on the Alaska Catch Fishing Caharters

We had a great time. Captain Mike was very helpful in getting us to the boat and finding our way... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Patricia N
Another Great Trip with The Alaska Catch!

I had the opportunity to go out with The Alaska Catch for my second time in the last few years... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
jonah531

Recommended experiences in and around Ketchikan
from $235.00
from $79.00
Ketchikan 4 in 1
39 Reviews
from $60.00
from $187.00
More Info
All reviews captain mike great captain king salmon halibut hour window fishing trip great trip cruise ship bald eagles limit alaska
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My Father In-Law booked the trip. Weather didn't want to cooperate but "Cap'n" Jimmy made it a non-issue. A total pro. Very knowledgeable and an awesome sense of humor too. It was a short but bountiful (see photo) trip and we can't wait to get at it with them again!
A++

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I fished with Captain Mike in August and had a great fishing experience. We caught are limit of halibut in just a few hours.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the ease of booking to communicating with Mike this was the best money we spent on an Alaskan excursion. Every time I called or emailed Mike a question he was quick to respond and always gave complete answers. When our ship was delayed getting into port, Mike worked with me to alter our itinerary and we were able to make the most out of our fishing day. I would highly recommend Mike and The Alaska Catch to anyone visiting Ketchikan, AK.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Nothing like I thought it would be. Just a bad experience. I thought we would catch more fish I wish we had had more time maybe that would have made a difference. I felt like we were very rushed I thought that being in Alaska it would be like the greatest fishing ever which it was not. For what we paid for this fishing excursion I thought it would’ve been a lot better

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
The Alaska C, Owner at The Alaska Catch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Donsellsnm,

Thank you for taking the time in speaking with me over the phone today regarding your review and 5-hour halibut fishing charter with us on 9/5. I feel a responsibility to contact every guest that is not completely satisfied with our fishing charters and try to improve an area if we as a company fell short - I truly appreciate the unfiltered feedback. That being said, I’m quite baffled. Our guide accomplished everything we strive to deliver. You knew upfront your timeframe, cost of the excursion, cost of fish processing, and legal limit on halibut going into this trip, as you mentioned. I respectfully disagree with your review and feel this is not an accurate description of the level of customer service or the experience you received.

During our conversation you said your guide (Jimmy) was awesome and answered all of your questions throughout the day. He took your private group to our most productive halibut fishing grounds, catching the full legal limit of halibut. I've also confirmed via ADFG logbook that you also caught and released halibut, as well as non-target species. After returning you to your ships ramp on time, Jimmy then delivered your catch to the local fish processor who delivered your fish box as expected. I would be hesitant in guaranteeing the level of success you experienced to any of my customers at any price point. Fishing is fishing, and limiting out in 5 hours as you did should be hoped for and celebrated, but not expected 100% of the time.

You mentioned in your review and on the phone that you felt rushed with your cruise ship's (Eurodam) port schedule of only 5 1/2 hours. Regardless of the duration of each ship's stay in port, we offer charters tailor-made to maximize our guest's fishing opportunities in port. In the case of guests joining us with a relatively short stay, the 5-hour halibut charter that you booked with us was an excellent option. We offer our clients customized and private fishing charters based on their interest and timeframe. I feel Cpt. Jimmy delivered this very well on our end; he knew exactly where to fish, maximized the timeframe, put your party on the species you selected to target, and returned to the dock on time with a limit of halibut. Only an experienced and knowledgeable guide can make this task look easy.

I agree with you that sportfishing in Alaska is expensive, but I'm also aware of our competitors pricing and the cost of sportfishing charters sold on cruise ships (30-40% mark-up over market price if purchased onboard). You will not find a better price on a Private 5-hour Halibut fishing charter than with The Alaska Catch. We offer discounts for our smaller parties of 2-3, larger parties of 5-6, as well as groups of 7 or more requiring multiple boats. We also offer Early Bird discounts to our clients if purchased between October 1st and December 31st. Mention (Promo Code: Early10) at checkout or on your reservation request.

The expectations of a week in the wilds of Alaska are often not met amid the structured schedule of some cruises. At The Alaska Catch we do our best every day to take our clients away from the crowds and give them the experience they've been hoping for amongst the beauty of Southeast Alaska. If your travels ever lead you back to Ketchikan, my offer mentioned over the phone still stands.

Enjoy your fresh caught Alaskan Catch!

Mike Fleece, Owner
The Alaska Catch
907-617-9585

Reviewed September 12, 2019

I brought a few customers up to fish in Ketchikan. I found The Alaska Catch on Google, read the reviews, talked with capt Mike and booked the trip. We chartered with Capt Jimmy for two days and he did not disappoint!
We dropped crab pots, caught lots of fish and Jimmy even brought his personal boiler and cooked all our crab for us after charter on day two.
10 stars to these guys!!! Book your trip now!!!