All reviews great equipment silver streak self guided halibut fishing salmon jeff mckinley scenery boats lodging accommodations eagles catch deck alaska amenities dock
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I met Jeff at a Sportsmen Expo in California and spoke with many other fishing lodges in the area and found that Chinook Shores offered the "BEST "package. From that point forward I knew this was the place that I wanted to take my mom, dad and wife. Jeff is very outgoing, friendly and willing to accommodate your needs from self guided to guided fishing trips. The views from your porch over looking the bay are stunning with wildlife viewing at its finest. You feel like you are at a remote lodge even thought Ketchikan is only minutes away. I would recommend this to any group of guys or family that wanted an adventure of a life time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Aaron H
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This Alaska fishing lodge is beautiful, comfortable and amazing. It's a great way for anglers to enjoy fishing for King Salmon in Southeast Alaska. If you don't like the fish for King salmon, Coho salmon and halibut, enjoy the view and watch bald eagles and humpback whales.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have been going up to Chinook Shores for six years. Jeff does an awesome job of making sure you will have a great experience. The lodging, boats and equipment are all first class. If you don't feel comfortable driving your own boat, his charter boat is a great option. Last fall we had a memorable time catching halibut, silver salmon, and had a chance to view whales bubble netting all around our boat.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KIY_10
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Chinook Shores Lodge is a place I'd like to take a group of friends or even business associates for a retreat. The accommodations are second to none and located on some of the best fishing grounds around Southeastern Alaska's community of Ketchikan. There's something for everyone. If you're not that into fishing, the wildlife viewing is spectacular -- whales, seals and eagles can be seen "up close and personal." And, there's even zip-lining, kayaking/bicycle rentals and excellent hiking trails nearby.

Room Tip: The beach houses (or chalets) offer all of the comforts of home -- fully furnished, secluded, beachfront in Knudson Cove, which is a 20-minute drive from Ketchikan, Alaska and a 90 minute flight from Seattle (SEA-TAC) Airport. The duplex is perfect for large groups of 8-12 people.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Nadrafied
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We just returned from a week at Chinook Shores. What a beautiful place and great people to stay with! We were up close and personal with eagles, whales and maybe more importantly..Salmon and Halibut. My husband has stayed here a few times with his fishing buddies and told me it was great, but I wanted to see it for myself! My first trip fishing in Alaska and I was impressed! (I also caught a 75 lb. Halibut...WOW!)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends