All reviews great equipment self guided silver streak halibut fishing salmon jeff mckinley scenery boats lodging accommodations eagles dock wildlife alaska catch deck
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This Alaska fishing lodge is beautiful, comfortable and amazing. It's a great way for anglers to enjoy fishing for King Salmon in Southeast Alaska. If you don't like the fish for King salmon, Coho salmon and halibut, enjoy the view and watch bald eagles and humpback whales.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have been going up to Chinook Shores for six years. Jeff does an awesome job of making sure you will have a great experience. The lodging, boats and equipment are all first class. If you don't feel comfortable driving your own boat, his charter boat is a great option. Last fall we had a memorable time catching halibut, silver salmon, and had a chance to view whales bubble netting all around our boat.

Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank KIY_10
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Chinook Shores Lodge is a place I'd like to take a group of friends or even business associates for a retreat. The accommodations are second to none and located on some of the best fishing grounds around Southeastern Alaska's community of Ketchikan. There's something for everyone. If you're not that into fishing, the wildlife viewing is spectacular -- whales, seals and eagles can be seen "up close and personal." And, there's even zip-lining, kayaking/bicycle rentals and excellent hiking trails nearby.

Room tip: The beach houses (or chalets) offer all of the comforts of home -- fully furnished, secluded, beachfront in Knudson Cove, which is a 20-minute drive from Ketchikan, Alaska and a 90 minute flight from Seattle (SEA-TAC) Airport. The duplex is perfect for large groups of 8-12 people.
Date of stay: June 2012
3  Thank Nadrafied
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We just returned from a week at Chinook Shores. What a beautiful place and great people to stay with! We were up close and personal with eagles, whales and maybe more importantly..Salmon and Halibut. My husband has stayed here a few times with his fishing buddies and told me it was great, but I wanted to see it for myself! My first trip fishing in Alaska and I was impressed! (I also caught a 75 lb. Halibut...WOW!)

Date of stay: July 2012
3  Thank PortOrchardposting
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My wife and I have been going to Ketchikan for fishing for 15 years staying at various lodges, until we found Chinook shores, now we don't have to go anywhere else. We found our Alaska home. Jeff, sister Heidi, and brother in law Allan feel like family to us. Fishing is incredible, and if you need help the staff is more than willing to help you out. This fishing experience is truly one stop shopping. John and Janet

Date of stay: July 2011