“Great way to fish at cruise ship stop!!!”
Review of Action Fishing Charters - CLOSED

Action Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Full-day and half-day fishing charters available in Ketchikan, Alaska. Come aboard the F/V First Light for an unforgettable salmon and halibut fishing experience in one of the prime fishing areas in Southeast Alaska. Your friendly and experienced captain, Ralph, has been commercial and charter fishing in Southeast Alaska for over 20 years.
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We were in Ketchikan on the Coral Princess on June 16th and had a 4-hour trip booked. I had my wife, 3 daughters and my mother with me for total of 6. Ralph met us right off the cruise ship dock and we bought our licenses right there (only took about 10 minutes, but i would consider buying licenses/stamps online to save the hassle). We were fishing in less than 30 minutes. Ralph was a fantastic guide and interacted great with my family to help them enjoy the fishing. Everyone caught something. I got the thrill of landing a 35 lb king salmon. Also caught a few silver salmon and rockfish.

We fished on 16th, but didn't return home until the 25th. Had fish processed right at the dock! Guy is there to take some info and your credit card and fish arrived as scheduled in great shape. The cruise lines push you to book thru them to guarantee that you don't get left behind. I wouldn't stress over that as the fishing grounds are close to the cruise ship dock in the bay and there are other boats to help out if needed to get you back on time. Our trip went off without a hitch and would definitely book with Captain Ralph again. (I would strongly recommend you get him to commit to bringing some of his wife's salmon dip. It was awesome!)

2  Thank Todd F

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Thanks to Ralph and the First Light, my wife and I had the best experience of our Alaskan cruise! We were able to catch 4 king salmon, with the keeper being a 32 inch beauty! We just received the processed salmon, which was absolutely delicious. Speaking of delicious, the smoked salmon dip made by Ralph's wife and devoured on the boat, was fabulous. I would definitely recommend a fishing charter with Ralph. He was very pleasant, knowledgeable, and accommodating. If you catch him during king salmon season, that would be a bonus!!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had a group of five which worked fine on Ralph's boat. Our cruise ship got into Ketchikan a little early and we were quick off the ship so we arrived earlier than expected and were anxious to get started - thankfully Ralph was there and ready to go. We caught 11 salmon, plus several Kings but they were just a little small so no keepers there but we still had plenty to ship home. Ralph had the lines ready and was constantly busy steering the boat, dropping the lines or tossing the salmon in the coolers. We had 3 adults and 2 kids. It was scenic, smooth waters and no sea sickness issues in this cove. We would all definitely go again. Thanks Ralph!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

An amazing experience for everyone in the family. We went on the tour with our entire family- what a day! Our kids are 6 and 9. We caught crabs, saw humpbacks, caught king salmon, and watched bald eagles fighting for fish. He let our kids set traps for the crabs and the starfish that came up in the traps were just as interesting to everyone.