“Food was amazing, service a bit scattered”

Annabelle's Famous Keg and Chowder House
Ranked #4 of 69 Restaurants in Ketchikan
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“Food was amazing, service a bit scattered”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Annabelle's crab cake sandwich is probably one of the best sandwiches I have ever had! Ketchikan was our first stop on our inland passage cruise and our tour guide that morning recommended Annabelle's. I'm glad he did! As I said~ it was amazing. The service was a bit scattered but apparently they were down a person and when a cruise ship is in port I would imagine it gets a bit crazy. Overall very good!!

• Visited June 2014

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Lewistown, Montana
“very yummy-great chowder”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I had the halibut sandwich with seafood chowder. Both very good. People at my table really liked the shrimp tacos and the salmon chowder in a bread bowl. Service was good, nice atmosphere.

Visited July 2014
Buenos Aires
“Family Lunch in ketchikan”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I arrived with my to ketchikan in a cruise. After touring in Misty Fjords we went to Lunch to Annabelle's. We tasted a superb smoked salmón specially prepared by Melissa Who gave us a prefered treatment. If one day you go to Alaska and make a stop in this city I strongly recommend this resto and bar.

• Visited July 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Halibut overlooked, chowder was great”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We went for dinner based on reviews. Our waitperson was attentive and very pleasant. We had a cup of chowder before our meal and as it was excellent. You could see chunks of clam. The taste of the bacon was not overpowering but complimentary to the chowder. After our dinner we decided we should have gotten a bowl of chowder instead of our main course. We had charbroiled halibut. When it arrived it looked great. The char marks we're perfect, unfortunately the halibut was very overcooked. So much so that it was difficult to cut with a fork. It was very regrettable and very hard to salvage. The other entries included halibut tacos which tasted good and not overcooked and the buffalo chicken wrap which our grandson ate and enjoyed.

So the tip is; get the chowder.

Visited July 2014
Austin
“A local recommending it is always a good sign!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We asked the local bus driver where we should eat lunch and he sent us to Annabelle's. I'm glad we listened! The chowders (we tried the salmon and Annabelle's) were great, and the bread they served was really hearty and delicious. I also enjoyed the crab cake sandwich. Food seemed pricy but I think that's just par for the course being a tourist town! Would definitely recommend.

• Visited May 2014