“Historic building adds to experience”

Annabelle's Famous Keg and Chowder House
Ranked #4 of 74 Restaurants in Ketchikan
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had a great lunch here and enjoyed the local beer in a very "Ketchikan" pub. Halibut sandwich was fresh and tasty. Nice afternoon.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I ate dinner at Annabelle's after arriving in Ketchikan late on a Saturday afternoon in Sept. Sat at the bar in the casual dining side of the restaurant, and had their famous chowder in a sourdough boule, plus a side Caesar salad. Couldn't finish either one, as they were both really generous portions. Good food, good atmosphere. Met some friendly Australian travelers at the bar and swapped stories; overall, good start to my Alaska trip.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We just happened to walk by this little chowder house and decided to have some lunch. Walking in the bar side is a beautiful at home feeling. That's about all I have nice to say about this place my food was cold (seafood pasta) and we had to send my husbands back cause it was the complete wrong order (halibut tacos not chicken wrap) Not only that but we sat near where the waiters pick up drinks and ring people out and the gossip was unbearable. About the owners marriage and fellow servers. I'm not sure what was in the water that day but I will never recommend this place to anyone which is sad it seems like it could be a fabulous little place if it didn't have so much negative energy.

1  Thank Hamiltonjeff
Reviewed September 11, 2013

It was easy to find, because it is right off the pier where the cruise ships dock. We had to wait since we were a party of 6, but the young man seating people was awesome, entertaining and helpful. Place was busy at early afternoon, as there was several cruise ships in port. We wanted to try king crab legs, since that was on our bucket list on our Alaska cruise. Finally got us a table and took our beer order. I believe, Heather, was our waitress. She never stopped, always on the go waiting her tables. It took awhile to get our beers, but we were seated near the kitchen and was kept entertained watching them hustle. One from our party ordered the clam chowder and was very happy with it. We all decided to share a 3 pound order of king crab legs at $99. They came in a bucket, with plenty of butter, napkins and extra plates. And they tasted wonderful. I assume they were probably frozen, since it was not king crab season, but their taste was yummy. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were walking down the street and came across this restaurant just by luck - had never heard of it - since it was a little after noon we decided to give it a try for lunch. Could not have asked for anything better. The waitress was friendly and fun, she gave excellent recommendations. The food was excellent. Highly recommend the smoked salmon chowder and cannery bread,