“Obsessed with this pizza!”
Review of Stone Deck Pizza

Stone Deck Pizza
Ranked #26 of 67 Restaurants in Ketchikan
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Holyoke, Massachusetts
“Obsessed with this pizza!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We've tried so many pizzas at Stone Deck and have yet to find one that we didn't love. The three cheese is a favorite, along with the buffalo chicken, and the chicken ricotta. My husband and I can rarely agree on one, so we usually each get a small, and then take home several slices each. The toppings are always fresh and high quality (and not overwhelming), the various types of sauces wonderful, and the crust is delicious. My husband actually eats the crust, which is a first for him. The bread sticks are great too. You can tell that they use only the finest ingredients and it makes a huge difference in the taste. It's well worth the money for excellent quality!

• Visited December 2013

Ketchikan, Alaska
“OMG”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have never ordered pizza from here before. I did not have a menu to order from. I ordered a large combo. First shock was the price. $39.00!!!! $33.00 for the pizza, $4.00 delivery and $2.00 tax. Today is tax free day in Ketchikan! They did not want to participate in this city function designed for the locals. Thank goodness I asked for a menu to be brought along with the order. There were two different combo's on the menu. The person answering the phone did NOT ask which combo was prefered. They sent me the sausage combo. Sausage, green peppers, carmelized onions and mushrooms. FOUR toppings!!!!! I saw a scatter of ground sausage in the middle of the pizza. There were 8 very thin slices of green peppers, more mushrooms than any of the other four ingredients and I still have yet to see the carmelized onions. The crust was very tough and the pizza pie was "stone" cold. Is this type of pizza only for people who want it delivered? I am very disappointed and will not recommend this eatery to any one. This is sad, because I was looking forward to the excellent pizza which has been stated in the reviews.
We also have talked to a friend and he had the same problem.
Is this pizza only good when you eat it in the store?
However, the delivery driver gave excellent customer service and I was happy to give him a well deserved tip.

• Visited October 2013
Montana City, Montana
“Very good pizza”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Ordered a large specialty pizza with carmelized onions, roasted red peppers, pepperoni and I can't remember what else. It was delicious! The cost was $36.00, however this is a true pizzeria not a quick chain type. A large completely stuffed four hungry, hearty eaters. So we did not think it was bad value at all. It was half hour or so before we got to eat ours so the crust was a little tough, but all of us really enjoyed it.
I would absolutely eat here again when in Ketchikan, and highly recommend to any pizza lover.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank akmoma
Sterling, Massachusetts
“Great food and service”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were recently 'stranded' in Ketchican for five days (as our cruise ship The Millenium" had technical trouble). We needed to kill some time while we were supposed to wait at the Ketchican International Airport for five hours before our Charter flight.

We hopped back across the ferry where the restaurant is conveniently located. The food was delicious, the staff was friendly - and so were the other customers. They even let me recharge my telephone while we were eating. I'd recommend a stop regardless of how long your visit to Ketchican is going to be.

• Visited August 2013
Simi Valley, California
“Great pizza”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The location used to be a gas station, but this pizza is amazing! Recommended by all the locals. Salads and specialty bread is great, too!

Visited August 2013