“Scampi parmigiana”

Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I had dinner at the Ocean View one evening in May 2014 prior to taking the plane home to Juneau.

As noted in a previous review, this place has a little of everything but focuses on Mexican and Italian cuisine. I wasn't tremendously hungry so I opted for Italian inasmuch as knowing from previous encounters that their burritos here are huge. Ketchikan being a coastal town, I thought the scampi parmigiana sounded good, so I ordered that.

As it turned out, the Italian portions are also huge! This was a heavy, filling meal that I was still digesting the following morning! The food was good but it was a lot. The shrimp had the taste and texture of chicken, and I had to scrape the sauce and cheese off one of them to ensure I got what I ordered. I confirmed the presence of shrimp. My meal also came with a salad and complimentary order of chips and salsa. The salsa was really good. The service was friendly and attentive.

Ocean View is one of Ketchikan's more elegant dining establishments and is popular with the locals. The food may not be five-star but the portions are really big and I saw a lot of doggie bags go out the door.

1  Thank dave1013
There are newer reviews for Ocean View Restaurante

Reviewed May 18, 2014

The service in Ketchikan, overall is below average, the ocean view is no acceptation. An empty glass is the norm. Food was good to great with a huge menu of Italian and Mexican foods. Food was quick and tasty.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This place has the largest selection of different kinds of food. We tried something different each nite. I think we went there 4 or 5 times and everything was really good! The view is breathtaking

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have been to Ocean View multiple times, and our experience has been varied. If you have a friendly, attentive server, and order one of the better items on the menu, you'll probably leave happy. But there are definitely times when it's busy and the servers are swamped, and the food is just okay.

The first time we went, my husband ordered the Creamy Chicken Marsala and it's now his favorite. I've tried to replicate it multiple times at home, and failed, so we go back to Ocean View for that. He also tried the Seafood Marsala and loved it, but apparently not as much as the Chicken Marsala since that seems to be the go to dish. If you get it, ask for the Creamy Marsala sauce on the pasta too! It's delicious. I end up scooping up the sauce with a spoon...it's that good.

I've tried several Mexican dishes here, and it's hit or miss. One night the Chile Rellenos will be great, another, just so-so. I have tried a burrito, which was huge, but again, just so-so. I haven't tried the fajitas, but have heard others rave about those.

It can be hit or miss, but the Creamy Marsala always seems to be a hit!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Friendly staff. Mexican, Italian, American food that tries to appeal to all tastes and is not "authentic". Prices are okay. I will go back.