“Family Favorite”

Ocean View Restaurante
Ranked #17 of 67 Restaurants in Ketchikan
Cuisines: Mexican, Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Ketchikan
“Family Favorite”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

After coming home from vacation it occurred to me that one of the things I'd like to see is more locals reviewing restaurants in their own areas. Nothing more frustrating than being in a tourist destination and seeing a bunch of reviews clouded by vacation bliss.
This restaurant is one of my favorites and we eat here at least once a month and it is in my top 3. Their menu reminds me a bit of the Cheesecake Factory in that it is huge and there is something for everyone. Half our family goes Mexican and the other half Italian. Their fajitas are amazing, particularly the one with bacon. Their margaritas are wonderful as well.
I noticed that there are some negative reviews for the restaurant and I am aware that every once in a while they do have a bad day where the service isn't that great or the food isn't wonderful but even when it isn't it is still average. They make one of the best pizzas in town and do a ton of take out/deliver so sometimes it isn't obvious why they are so busy, but I'm not used to waiting long enough to wonder where the food is. It is open late, 11pm I believe and so it does get noisy after 9pm.
Note for those new to Ketchikan ~ meals are expensive here compared to the lower 48. The prices at this restaurant are average for the area. It is an island, food has to be flown or barged in just like Hawaii.

West Palm Beach
“I do not recommend.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Understaffed, overpriced, bland food, a bad experience overall. Don't go! Bartender/waitress was never behind bar. Hostess spent most of her time on her iPhone. We asked for table outside. As we watched people leave no one came to bar to get us. Finally got some chicken nachos that were tasteless. Bar was a mess. Guy next to us left after waiting 15 minutes for a drink. Thumbs down all the way.

• Visited July 2013
Lynnfield, Massachusetts
“Mediocre”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Not sure I'd sell this place based on the view, it's OK at best which doesn't really matter unless you're seated outside which, given the nature of the Ketchikan weather, probably doesn't happen that frequently.

Inside, in our opinion, is in fact on the tacky side but if you're into the Greek/Italian revival thing you'd probably like it. Service was poor, food was OK. Interesting combination...Italian and Mexican.

Proportions were generous which is fine if you like the food to begin with.

Menu is varied (should be if they're promoting both Italian and Mexican) and prices are OK, not great.

Unlikely we'll be back.

1 Thank jax14fun
“Great food, a little under staffed.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Great food, nice prices, just took a little longer to get your meal, but the meal was excellent! The restaurant was a bit loud, but tolerable. I had some food to go at one point because I didn't feel like waiting for it and called in ahead and even after giving them the allotted time, I was still waiting for my food 15 minutes after I got there.

• Visited March 2013
“Horrible”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

food is ok. waited for 1 hour and 45 mins to get our order. Worst experience ever. Not gonna eat here again. They said because of the big party but that party they were talking about was just 18 persons.