“Where The Locals Eat”

Ranked #5 of 74 Restaurants in Ketchikan
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2012

If you're looking for a tasty meal with friendly staff and delightful owners, Bar Harbor Restaurant is an excellent choice. They serve a variety of dishes from Meatloaf just like you ate as a kid, to innovative fresh fish dishes. The wine selection is quite varied for such an intimate little restaurant. If you have room for dessert, check out Cammie's specialties. I recommend the Banana Nut Bread Pudding.... or the Chocolate Creme Brulee. You won't be disappointed. Be sure to make reservations. Bar Harbor Restaurant is very popular with the locals.

1  Thank MaggieBF

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Gentlemen:

I am writing to praise the Bar Harbor Restaurant after three extremely enjoyable and well prepared meals that I enjoyed while visiting Ketchikan, Alaska, on 14, 15 and 16 June, 2012. The food was excellent, the service was superb and everybody was most kind. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who visits Ketchikan.

Howard Payne

1  Thank Howard P
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We saw the ratings and decided to try this place. It was a good experience. It's a short taxi ride from the docks but a long walk. Great, simple food at a reasonable price with friendly service. Don't expect too much and you'll enjoy. Michelin star it is not but good, honest food it really is. Try it!

1  Thank Darron1r
Reviewed June 17, 2012

A nice little place on the water side of the main road. The atmosphere is great, very intimate and excellent wine selection. Speaking of wine, it's a fairly small pour you get (IMO), I was a little surprised at that. Food was very good though. They have 2 steaks, New York and Rib Eye (not counting Prime Rib). Both are good but I didn't think outstanding. They are a little too thinly cut for my tastes. Other than that, it's definitely a great place to go. Prices are fair and the staff is very friendly. I will try something other than the steak next time I go. Not many great places to go in Ketchikan but this is definitely one of them.

1  Thank wait t
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I was recently in Ketchikan and was happy to be able to dine at Bar Harbor. We went on Tuesday after Memorial day and had a reservation for 6:00. The food was awesome, best by far we had in Ketchikan. We like to leisurely dine...app, wine, dinner and dessert. We felt a bit rushed from the start, there was no relaxing between courses, one plate was up and the next down. Our entire time from our appetizer to paying the check was 1 hour and 15 minutes. If you are looking for a relaxing slow dining experience this may not be the place for you! But, the food was great, and the staff really friendly...

1  Thank lisa a