“Great day to fish”
Review of Rainy Day Charters

Rainy Day Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Rainy Day Charters is a salmon charter fishing company based out of beautiful Ketchikan, Alaska. We pride ourselves on giving people a wonderful Alaskan experience in every thing from salmon fishing to the scenery. We help people go fishing for that big fish for 4 or 6 hour trips. we even take care of the details even the lodging to stay in our beautiful rainforest town.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had a great time fishing. We had 4 nice keepers and about 6 we released. Jared was a great boat captain and showed us a great day on the water. I did book this through Jared's web site because I want a privet trip so the three of us could fish and not have to deal with a boat full of people. His prices were great and does have a minimum charge of three people but he will take only one or two if you pay the price of three which is $125 per person after Sept. 1st. I would highly recommend this trip if your are going the Ketchikan Alaska.

2  Thank Brock R

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Jared is as good a charter as you will find. The fishing was amazing. The boat is no frills and perfect for a morning of the best fishing ever. We caught our maximum well before the time we had for the charter, and Jared was kind enough to take us on a short tour and introduce us to the little things that go on in Ketchikan as we headed back to harbor. For my father and I, we hadn't been fishing together in more than a decade. We were a little rusty, but Jared got us in reeling them in like pros very quickly. He is a one man operation, which allowed us to have a really great private family experience. Thank you Jared. This is a memory I will treasure forever.

1  Thank William H
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Just returned from a Disney cruise to Alaska. Ketchikan was our last stop. Disney didn't have any port adventures for fishing out of this port- funny since Ketchikan is the fishing capital of the world. Booked through Jared's website months before for a 3 hour charter for between 3-5 - he has a min of 3 and can take up to 6 but only 4 lines are out. Shortly after docking and leaving the cruise Jared was awaiting at the end of gangway with a sign with our names. After a very short walk we were on his boat. Very comfortable but not super fancy. After 20 minute trip we were at the fishing area. Jared took care of setting the lines and before the 3rd line was down there was a fish on. I had fished lots before both in lakes and deep sea so I knew what to expect. My brother and his son and my 2 girls had never fished before and not caught anything expect on video games.

They had a blast. The fish were sponding so they were biting. We started around 11:30 and finished around 2:30. Totals haul was 9 pinks. 2 king, and 1 halitbit.

Adults needed a fishing license for 20 dollars purchased from Jared on the boat. We could have kept the king but needed an anything 10 dollar license. We release him. The other king was too small. Halabit got away before we could land it in the net. 2 of the pink got away. Did not keep any of the fish so Jared took them and donates them to the local senior home.

Jared was great. Excellent captain and charter. I would book him again but on my own or without kids for some more hardcore fishing.

Thanks for a great adventure. Kids will never forget it.

Richard

1  Thank lowe154914
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We got on the fish minutes after setting the lines, caught our limit with some beautiful salmon. Even in the unusually warm July weather we had our limit in less than 3 hours. Awesome day , thanks Jared.

1  Thank Snogoose50
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Tremendous fishing experience! He's got the boat, the gear and the knowledge to slay em! We went out for an early morning trip to fish the tide, saw some porpoise and whales not to mention hauled plenty of fish on board. I couldn't have asked for a better guy to show me how to get it done.

Book early, his schedule fills up and you won't find a more personable guy to show you the fish. He works around the cruise ship schedules, keeps a close eye on the prize, and is a local professional expert. Thanks again Captain Jared!!

1  Thank AKGwen